Clutch Pedal Not Smooth

45Mag

Jun 16, 2011
I recently had installed a heavy duty T-5, Ram clutch and Ford Racing fly wheel in my 91 notch. After the install, the clutch pedal would release with a sticking motion making the car hard to drive and easy to stall.

The next week I had a Steeda quadrant, firewall adjuster and cable installed. This instantly cleared up the problem and the car was a dream to drive.

Now, 2 weeks later, I am starting to feel the sticking clutch pedal again. Not as bad as it was but it seems to be slowly be getting worse. The clutch pedal travel feels “notchy” depressing it and releasing it.

From would I have read I should remove the Steeda cable and replace it with an OEM Ford Racing or even Maximum Motorsports cable keeping all the other Steeda parts.

My main concern (and of my mechanics) is the notchy pedal feeling only occurs when the engine is running. As soon as you turn it off and try the clutch it seems smooth. Do you think it is worth replacing the Steeda cable or does this sound more like a throw out bearing issue etc?

Thank you,

Craig

• Sponsors (?)

almost sounds like when I had long tube headers on my car, a new cable cleared up the "notchy" feeling until it got heated up enough to warp the cable. Mine finally felt normal when I put back shorty headers..lol.. what kind or exhaust do you have on?

I recently had installed a heavy duty T-5, Ram clutch and Ford Racing fly wheel in my 91 notch. After the install, the clutch pedal would release with a sticking motion making the car hard to drive and easy to stall.

The next week I had a Steeda quadrant, firewall adjuster and cable installed. This instantly cleared up the problem and the car was a dream to drive.

Now, 2 weeks later, I am starting to feel the sticking clutch pedal again. Not as bad as it was but it seems to be slowly be getting worse. The clutch pedal travel feels “notchy” depressing it and releasing it.

From would I have read I should remove the Steeda cable and replace it with an OEM Ford Racing or even Maximum Motorsports cable keeping all the other Steeda parts.

My main concern (and of my mechanics) is the notchy pedal feeling only occurs when the engine is running. As soon as you turn it off and try the clutch it seems smooth. Do you think it is worth replacing the Steeda cable or does this sound more like a throw out bearing issue etc?

Thank you,

Craig
Find the problem? Mine doing same thing. Took out cable last night and taped a funnel to it and filled it with oil. If it works probably get another one, oil probably a temporary fix.