• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Clutch Pedal Vibration

  • Thread starter Thread starter sen2two
  • Start date Start date Feb 16, 2018

sen2two

I've been lubing and pulling it all morning
5 Year Member
Jul 18, 2013
396
58
59
Feb 16, 2018
#1
  • Feb 16, 2018
  • #1
So i start the car and immediately the clutch pedal starts to vibrate violently. But when i depress it slightly, the vibration goes away. The car will not go into gear at all.

But when I turn the car off, the transmission will go into gear. I then can drive the car in this gear. But the clutch pedal will still vibrate. But if i depress the clutch just right, the vibrating goes away. But still not "really" able to shift. Unless I force it.

Any ideas?
 

sen2two

I've been lubing and pulling it all morning
5 Year Member
Jul 18, 2013
396
58
59
Feb 16, 2018
#2
  • Feb 16, 2018
  • #2
Oh yeah.... 2003 GT. 100G Stock.
 

Neuron

5 Year Member
Nov 6, 2016
859
192
93
Feb 16, 2018
#3
  • Feb 16, 2018
  • #3
Not an uncommon problem, Google Mustang Clutch Pedal Vibration.
 

sen2two

I've been lubing and pulling it all morning
5 Year Member
Jul 18, 2013
396
58
59
Feb 16, 2018
#4
  • Feb 16, 2018
  • #4
I Googled it a bunch before posting. The issue is common as a lot of links showed up. And after reading theough a bunch, there was no one common fault. Everything crom the clutch cable, unbalanced flywheel, pressure plate, and out of round clutch... many issues.

If this is a common issue, is there a common known way to diagnose this without tearing the car down?
 

Neuron

5 Year Member
Nov 6, 2016
859
192
93
Feb 18, 2018
#5
  • Feb 18, 2018
  • #5
sen2two said:
I Googled it a bunch before posting. The issue is common as a lot of links showed up. And after reading theough a bunch, there was no one common fault. Everything crom the clutch cable, unbalanced flywheel, pressure plate, and out of round clutch... many issues.

If this is a common issue, is there a common known way to diagnose this without tearing the car down?
Click to expand...

Pretty sure if there was it would be on the internet. I had a '94 GT that did it, had a bad tranny and TOB. I put in a new(not rebuilt) tranny, clutch/pressure plate/flywheel checked and resurfaced/TOB/pilot bearing/release arm/pivot/OEM cable/aluminum quadrant/ firewall adjuster/ and surprise, surprise the noise was still there. I had thought it was the TOB(it was bad too). If I adjusted the clutch tighter the noise would go away but I was not comfortable with the setting. Got a great deal on a Cobra so I was unable to look into it further, really weird.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

T
Vibrating clutch pedal
  • t.hite10
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
197
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 11, 2026
squeak93
D
Mustang not starting
  • Dawry Ramos
  • Sep 12, 2026
  • 2015 - 2023 Specific Tech
Replies
7
Views
188
2015 - 2023 Specific Tech Sep 13, 2026
Mcmahst
J
Bad Vibration
  • jefffletch47
  • Feb 12, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
385
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 2, 2026
dgrinnan
D
2000 GT-Front Brakes Not Releasing
  • stormsedge
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
171
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 7, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
00 4.6L V8 new clutch won’t go into gear when on?
  • Timboslice
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
175
The Welcome Wagon Aug 21, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?