Clutch Pedal Vibration

sen2two

I've been lubing and pulling it all morning
Jul 18, 2013
So i start the car and immediately the clutch pedal starts to vibrate violently. But when i depress it slightly, the vibration goes away. The car will not go into gear at all.

But when I turn the car off, the transmission will go into gear. I then can drive the car in this gear. But the clutch pedal will still vibrate. But if i depress the clutch just right, the vibrating goes away. But still not "really" able to shift. Unless I force it.

Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

I Googled it a bunch before posting. The issue is common as a lot of links showed up. And after reading theough a bunch, there was no one common fault. Everything crom the clutch cable, unbalanced flywheel, pressure plate, and out of round clutch... many issues.

If this is a common issue, is there a common known way to diagnose this without tearing the car down?

I Googled it a bunch before posting. The issue is common as a lot of links showed up. And after reading theough a bunch, there was no one common fault. Everything crom the clutch cable, unbalanced flywheel, pressure plate, and out of round clutch... many issues.

If this is a common issue, is there a common known way to diagnose this without tearing the car down?

Pretty sure if there was it would be on the internet. I had a '94 GT that did it, had a bad tranny and TOB. I put in a new(not rebuilt) tranny, clutch/pressure plate/flywheel checked and resurfaced/TOB/pilot bearing/release arm/pivot/OEM cable/aluminum quadrant/ firewall adjuster/ and surprise, surprise the noise was still there. I had thought it was the TOB(it was bad too). If I adjusted the clutch tighter the noise would go away but I was not comfortable with the setting. Got a great deal on a Cobra so I was unable to look into it further, really weird.