Clutch/Pressure Plate Problem?

HGFireHazard

Apr 10, 2005
Michigan
Alright, I should have called this Flywheel/Pressure Plate Problem, but anyways...

I have all this new driveline stuff and I keep having issues with this flywheel. When I first opened the packaging I realized that this flywheel wasn't exactly fresh in a box, it looked new/unused, but it was a bit dirty. That bothered me a bit, but I shrugged it off. I called the place I got it from and told them I needed the other weight (because it had the 28oz on it), and just got that in the mail yesterday. Well, I tried taking the old weight off but the dang thing is absolutely stuck on there, I ruined two allen wrenches trying to get it off.

After calling them and telling them I need to resolve this, they said they would send a label to me so I could send it back to them and I assume swap the weights for me. Well, out of curiosity I lined up the pressure plate with my new Mcleod clutch to the flywheel, and the holes don't line up! I got the bolt and dowel kit from Ford Racing so I have the right bolts, and the bolts only go through the biggest sized holes on the pressure plate, so my question is do I have the wrong flywheel, or the wrong pressure plate. From the circumstances arriving to this I am leaning towards flywheel, so should I call them on Monday and tell them all this? I'm getting frustrated because I'm doing all this stuff over Spring Break and time is coming close. Here are some pics, maybe they will help a bit?

IMG_1693.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

What do you guys think? Does this look like a new Fidanza Flywheel to you?

I can get you more pics if need be.

Attachments

• IMG_1693.jpg
    IMG_1693.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1692.jpg
    IMG_1692.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1691.jpg
    IMG_1691.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Sponsors (?)

Anybody have a pictures of a Fidanza stored on their computer or something that they can compare the two for me? I can't find very close pictures on the internet, but it looks to me like the weights are different and use a different amount of bolts to connect it to the flywheel. Any help at all would be good, thanks.