Clutch Replacement Questions

jay07

Aug 3, 2006
Hey guys,
I have a 2007 GT with the Saleen Super Shaker installed and it's time for a new clutch (I know, big shocker :D). My car has 18000 miles on it and I was looking for any advice on the following:
1) recommended clutch?
2) good time to replace the flywheel?
3) Should I replace the slave cylinder at the same time (I thought I read someone say I should)?
4) Any special tools I need?
5) Is this doable with ramps/jack stands? Or would using my friends lift help a lot?
6) Any other do's/don'ts? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

well i used spec cluthes in my cars, seem to work well, i think any big name company well do. and its the best time ur gonna have to replace the flywheel. again while ur doing the job i would replace the slave as well. make sure u ask for the slave cylinder, and not a throw out bearing. (wont be in thier system). youll need to clucth aligment tool, and some lube grease. and if you can get access to lift, use it, doing it on stands and a rolller sux. :notnice:

Anyone have input on whether or not it's worth it to go with a lightweight flywheel while I'm doing this? Or should I just save the money and go with the lighter driveshaft later?

I have a lightweight flywheel waiting to go on when I get my clutch. They are definitely worth it. It's not hard to get used to the engine response and you'll definitely notice the improvement in acceleration. I bought a McLeod aluminium flywheel and I'm hoping to save up for an Exedy Mach 500 unit.

Should be real fun once it's on the car.