CnL plenum and Accufab 75mm TB are on!

• Sponsors (?)

Luke315 said:
I had my C&L plenum and 75mm tb put on and dynoed last night at race related in clearwater. The results were kind of disappointing. First we did a baseline pull of 257hp & 297tq. Then we put on the new plenum with the stock TB. The next pull was 15 minutes after the first and the results were 263hp & 303tq. A gain of six, thats respectable. Then we put the 75mm BBK TB on and i actually lost 1 hp and 1 tq. :notnice:
For $180 the plenum was worth the gain. Thats the same price as a pullie set which yields the same gains. The BBK TB will be on ebay so if you need one thats were it will be.

This was in another thread here on Stangnet. I've been looking into this for a while too, but if I can save some money and HP by not getting the T/B then I will!!

DC-GT said:
Is this just a direct replacement or do you have to purchase other things like a Throttle Position Sensor?

Bo

It is a direct replacement. Only trouble I had was removing the throttle cables. That is much easier to do once everything is unhooked and unbolted. That way you can turn the plenum over to access the cables better. The screws on the TPS are a royal pain. The accufab TB came with new ones. It is very easy. I will say it again. If you havent done this mod you need to do it! :banana: :nice:

Originally Posted by Luke315
I had my C&L plenum and 75mm tb put on and dynoed last night at race related in clearwater. The results were kind of disappointing. First we did a baseline pull of 257hp & 297tq. Then we put on the new plenum with the stock TB. The next pull was 15 minutes after the first and the results were 263hp & 303tq. A gain of six, thats respectable. Then we put the 75mm BBK TB on and i actually lost 1 hp and 1 tq.
For $180 the plenum was worth the gain. Thats the same price as a pullie set which yields the same gains. The BBK TB will be on ebay so if you need one thats were it will be.

but was that just peak hp? what does the powerband look like? cuz if it lost that on the peak but gained on the average, then i think its worth it.

I gained a rather significant amount w/ all the C&L stuff in the low-mid range while only picking up a few horses in the high end.

To me, that makes it a very worth while mod, since I don't spend too much time at 4500+

Although, it did allow my powerband to be spread out and some what flatter than before. From 4100-6000 I'm above 250rwhp, which is nice to me.