Cobra Computer In A 95 Gt

Texas_Made

Mar 11, 2012
Ok so i have searched this and was not finding the answer i need. I am swapping my adoe for a t5 and with the parts i bought i got a 94 cobra computer. I engine is stock right now and i still have the 19lb injectors. The cobras had 24lb injectors. Will this cause an issue? If i need the 24lb injectors will my car run rich?

Thanks
Kris

• Sponsors (?)

Running the Cobra ECU on you GT can cause some drivability issues if you are not running the injector combo that the ECU is programed for. You could always get a chip / tune to solve this, or find a decent injector set on ebay for pretty cheap.

Leave the stock MAF in the car and put the 24# injectors in it and you will be fine. I ran that computer in my car with 24's before I put the blower on it and it ran and idled fine. The Cobra accounts for the injector size in the computer and not at the MAF so the injectors will be all you need.

Leave the stock MAF in the car and put the 24# injectors in it and you will be fine. I ran that computer in my car with 24's before I put the blower on it and it ran and idled fine. The Cobra accounts for the injector size in the computer and not at the MAF so the injectors will be all you need.

Right on thanks for the help.

Kris

You can also get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and bump the pressure to 60psi. Believe it or not that works (effectively turns 19's into 24's) and is reasonably safe. It may eventually jam injectors and wear out the pump, so the free injectors above are a better idea. Just thought I'd share that worthless tidbit.