• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Cobra intake / TB / MAF setups

  • Thread starter Thread starter skeptiq
  • Start date Start date Jul 8, 2010
S

skeptiq

New Member
Jul 1, 2010
26
0
0
Cincinnati
Jul 8, 2010
#1
  • Jul 8, 2010
  • #1
So I have been researching what I want to do with my bone stock 95 GT vert and I have a rough idea of where I am heading. I have read countless threads (one of which was very entertaining: http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/763306-70mm-65mm-tb.html) and I don't know if those two guys are still posting on here or not, but I got had a great time reading through the thread. I digress...

So, I am set on a cobra intake, so I am trying to figure out which tb size / maf size to go with. Eventually I will get heads and will have the cobra intake ported... So what would you guys recommend for the big picture (basically looking for parts I can use now and later when I get heads & cobra intake ported):

Cobra Intake / 65mm TB / Stock MAF
Cobra Intake / 70mm TB / Stock MAF
Cobra Intake / 70mm TB / 75mm MAF

My overall goal is to get 350 rwhp with 100 shot (wet).

Thanks in advance for any input.

Later,
Ben
 

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
20+ Year Stangneter
Jun 14, 2004
9,303
1,648
214
Acworth, GA
Jul 8, 2010
#2
  • Jul 8, 2010
  • #2
70mm TB/75mm MAF. They are all about the same price, and oversize doesn't hurt you in this arena. Better to be ready for future mods.

Kurt
 

earleys94gt

Active Member
Aug 31, 2003
1,223
16
49
Ashley, Ohio
Jul 8, 2010
#3
  • Jul 8, 2010
  • #3
+1
Plus I have heard you want your MAF to be bigger than your TB; so as to create a "venturi" affect I guess. I have no proof this works though...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
Intake
  • James S
  • Jul 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
271
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 12, 2026
James S
J
J
Engine 4.6 Running rough at half throttle
  • jake411
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
202
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 4, 2026
jake411
J
Fox Xtremely high fuel consumption
  • PonyGTrider
  • Apr 11, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 9 10 11
Replies
213
Views
5K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 9, 2026
PonyGTrider
C
Dyno day! # guesses?
  • clayton seiders
  • Aug 15, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
15
Views
548
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 16, 2025
Scrapla347
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
189
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?