Cobra parts in 2v

bigdogcq

May 11, 2005
I am going to be picking up a wrecked gt as a donor car for my 95 v6. While I have the car I am going to be mocking up a set of turbo headers as I was going to do with my v6 (using stock headers turned around if possible) I know I can use the cobra teksid blocks but can I take the forged internal components from an 03/04 cobra and put them in my GT block? I am very familiar with v6 mustangs but now I am trying to learn as much as I can as fast as I can about the 2v engines.

I may just go with the teksid if I can find one for the right price but thats tough to do in the midwest.

• Sponsors (?)

Gearbanger 101 said:
That's a mighty big project for your first crack at the Modular whip. Be sure that you don't get in over your head. :)

I'm in over my head already most likely but it's not the first time.
I was shooting for 350 to the wheels on the v6 with a turbo kit thats just some piping short of being done, I just could'nt pass up this deal. Your right though, its a hell of a project, I am just trying to pick up as much info as I can, I will be doing alot of browsing for the next few weeks. I just don't want to put the engine in my car and have to take it back out to upgrade something however I am on a budget.

I have heard the terminator's pistons had clearance issues especially when the engine heats up in the high RPM's, but are'nt they still good for something like 600hp?

bigdogcq said:
I'm in over my head already most likely but it's not the first time.
I was shooting for 350 to the wheels on the v6 with a turbo kit thats just some piping short of being done, I just could'nt pass up this deal. Your right though, its a hell of a project, I am just trying to pick up as much info as I can, I will be doing alot of browsing for the next few weeks. I just don't want to put the engine in my car and have to take it back out to upgrade something however I am on a budget.

I have heard the terminator's pistons had clearance issues especially when the engine heats up in the high RPM's, but are'nt they still good for something like 600hp?

i haven't heard anything about clearance issues with the Cobra pistons. they are good for 600hp but the price is something like $200 a piece whereas you can get the same 17cc dish pistons from a different manufacturer for less and they'll handle more power.

DBMSTNG said:
i haven't heard anything about clearance issues with the Cobra pistons. they are good for 600hp but the price is something like $200 a piece whereas you can get the same 17cc dish pistons from a different manufacturer for less and they'll handle more power.
we have been seeing the stock 03/04 Cobra pistons failing at power levels way lower then that. Even as low as 450 hp due to the tight piston to wall clearance. With a larger clearance they may be better, but I would rather put the money into some CP or Diamond pistons since you will have the bottom end opened up anyway. The Cobra crank and the Manley rods used in the Terminator are fine though.

you cant turn 2V headers around the ports aren't symetrical like the v6 or 5.0's.

The biggest issue with a turbo kit for a Modular mustang is just that clearance for the headers and hot side piping. Tubular K member will be a must.