Cobra R Center Caps Needed

Mitsui007

May 20, 2019
minnesota
Need some help guys. I'm looking for 2.5 inch Cobra R center caps..I see I can buy the decals but can't seem to find a cap to fit my wheels. They are older Cobra R's made by American Eagle Wheel Company (doesnt exist anymore). They are 4 lug and on my 92 mustang. I did measure the wheel and can confirm the outer diameter of the cap is 65mm(2.5 inches) But inner diameter is 54mm(the part with the tabs to lock into wheel) I can't seem to even find some plain ones with these measurements. (hence the decals won't do me anygood) Any help would be appreciated. This is what I'm looking for. https://www.americanmuscle.com/20corcecap.html

• Sponsors (?)

The thing with aftermarket wheels is that many ran their own brand center caps and didn't accept factory OE caps.

Those cobra R caps (and the Cobra ones without the R) have been discontinued for a while and tend to be quite expensive when they come up for sale. There's also a good chance they won't fit your wheels. If you can get your hand on a single bullitt center cap or any of the other 2.5" OEM caps from that area, you can at least test fit and determine it will fit.

Here's one cap. It's fairly beat up and ugly and they still want $40 for it. That will give you a sense of what a clean set of 4 will run you

Never knew the caps were getting that expensive... i have three sets of cobra caps. Neither of them have the red " R " on them though.

Hmmm. I have a set as well although I don't remember what logo is on them. Happened to see them last week oddly enough. I'll look and see when I'm back at my storage boxes.