• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Cobra R hood and front splitter install

  • Thread starter Thread starter torchred
  • Start date Start date Feb 10, 2004

torchred

New Member
Feb 9, 2004
44
0
0
Clarksville, Tn
Feb 10, 2004
#1
  • Feb 10, 2004
  • #1
Hey, I just purchased the Cobra R hood and front splitter from Cervini's. Has anyone here done this install? And how bad was the prep for these parts?
 
C

claytucc3

New Member
Mar 9, 2003
825
0
0
Santa Clarita, Ca
Feb 10, 2004
#2
  • Feb 10, 2004
  • #2


Not sure about Cervini cobra r hood, however I had a cowl hood from them for my 93 and it was immaculate quality. I haved the Ford hood and it did require some prep, It fit perfect however I actually removed the primer that they had on it and repromed it and smoothed it out a little. I did use to ahve the cobra front splitter and it was way low and hit everything. Eventually a possum killed it and I replaced it with this ROUSH one.
 

BLKVERT

New Member
Jan 19, 2004
407
0
0
SATX
Feb 10, 2004
#3
  • Feb 10, 2004
  • #3
claytucc3 said:


Not sure about Cervini cobra r hood, however I had a cowl hood from them for my 93 and it was immaculate quality. I haved the Ford hood and it did require some prep, It fit perfect however I actually removed the primer that they had on it and repromed it and smoothed it out a little. I did use to ahve the cobra front splitter and it was way low and hit everything. Eventually a possum killed it and I replaced it with this ROUSH one.
Click to expand...


:OT: ......but nice ride.
 

Wil

New Member
Jan 2, 2003
581
0
0
Burke, VA
Feb 10, 2004
#4
  • Feb 10, 2004
  • #4
I'm very glad you said that, I have really been thinking about buying the cobra R front but was worried about the height clearence, I don't want to be constantly worrying about damaging it.
 
E

el_kid_1

New Member
Oct 30, 2003
738
0
0
Puerto Rico
Feb 10, 2004
#5
  • Feb 10, 2004
  • #5
That R Hood looks sick! I want one for my Roush!!!!
 

99SilverGT

Founding Member
Apr 11, 2002
1,660
0
0
Jacksonville, FL
Feb 10, 2004
#6
  • Feb 10, 2004
  • #6
Yep, the cobra R splitter is WAY too low for daily driving, especially if you have springs. You'll run it into everything. Thats why the factory 2000R's front spoiler is removable.
 

torchred

New Member
Feb 9, 2004
44
0
0
Clarksville, Tn
Feb 10, 2004
#7
  • Feb 10, 2004
  • #7
Yah I know that front from the Cobra R is WAY LOW. I'm just prayin it works. But I'm pretty sure it'll get smoked after about a year. We got lots of possums here.

About how much did you end up paying for getting the stuff painted? I've been quoted anywhere between 450 (with blending) and 700!
 

FastRedPonyCar

Founding Member
Apr 7, 2002
1,678
4
39
I pee sitting down...or do I?
Feb 13, 2004
#8
  • Feb 13, 2004
  • #8
my friend had the cervinis's R splitter with stock springs and cracked it when he pulled into a parking spot and hit the curb.
 

BLK_ROUSH

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2000
1,300
0
36
Newnan, GA
Feb 13, 2004
#9
  • Feb 13, 2004
  • #9
Good looking ride. The R hood looks great with the ROUSH front splitter.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

SOLD Trick Flow Box R Series Upper Intake w/90 mm Inlet
  • Habu135
  • Apr 30, 2026
  • Engine and Power Adder
Replies
2
Views
329
Engine and Power Adder Aug 19, 2026
Habu135
S
Fox Another try for the European guy to get his first Fox
  • Schargedfox
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
314
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 4, 2026
DadLife0724
W
Front ATS brakes with Taurus rear brakes. Full parts needed?
  • Wagonized
  • Sep 24, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
115
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Friday at 9:42 PM
General karthief
D
Running both lean and rich with O2 heat codes
  • Danceswithfire5
  • Aug 30, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
128
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Sep 5, 2026
apple99Mustangdude
A
Door wire harnesses 1996 GT
  • Adizzle843
  • Feb 5, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
444
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Feb 17, 2026
Adizzle843
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?