Cobra rear brake question

LarsD

Founding Member
Jul 2, 2002
Texas
  • Sponsors (?)

That;s 95% of what you need, but it will only work with 94-98 SN95 axles.

If you want to run fox-lenght axles that you have now, you either need the north race car brackets....or to do this

Brake guys, critique this: ranger axles on rear disk swap, w/modified SN brackets - Corral.net : Ford Mustang Forums

north race car brackets

North Racecars Brake Solutions

You can sell the axle brackets in the 2300-M it to recoop some cost/

Keep in mind, you also need 94-95 rear brake soft lines, adapters, e-brake stuff and the misc MC/Booster parts and hardware

That;s 95% of what you need, but it will only work with 94-98 SN95 axles.

If you want to run fox-lenght axles that you have now, you either need the north race car brackets....or to do this

Brake guys, critique this: ranger axles on rear disk swap, w/modified SN brackets - Corral.net : Ford Mustang Forums

north race car brackets

North Racecars Brake Solutions

You can sell the axle brackets in the 2300-M it to recoop some cost/

Keep in mind, you also need 94-95 rear brake soft lines, adapters, e-brake stuff and the misc MC/Booster parts and hardware

So my options are to chop the brackets in the kit, or buy the NRC brackets? I'm assuming the only difference between the regular brackets and the NRC brackets is the offset where it places the caliper.

You can run a 94-95 booster or a 99-04 v6 booster. Same booster as 1993 cobra but metric stud pattern.

As for mc...

If you run fox booster, run the 15/16"

If you put a sn95 or 93 cobra booster...then you want the following

94-98 38mm cobra callers up front - 15/16" mc

99-04 cobra 40.5 mm calipers - 15/16" or 1" 1993 cobra mc

The 1" will be a bit on the firmer side, the 15/16 will be on the softer side.

You can run a 94-95 booster or a 99-04 v6 booster. Same booster as 1993 cobra but metric stud pattern.

As for mc...

If you run fox booster, run the 15/16"

If you put a sn95 or 93 cobra booster...then you want the following

94-98 38mm cobra callers up front - 15/16" mc

99-04 cobra 40.5 mm calipers - 15/16" or 1" 1993 cobra mc

The 1" will be a bit on the firmer side, the 15/16 will be on the softer side.

Hmm, that is the tricky part isn't it? I plan to use these calipers:

Buy Ford Racing Parts - Special Edition Bullitt Mustang Front Calipers

And my pedal is pretty squishy right now (GT calipers up front, drums out back), I prefer a stiffer pedal, but how stiff is it going to be is the question.

My setup.

Mach 1 fronts and rear brakes (same as cobra/bullitt)

95 v6 booster
1993 cobra 1" mc

It's firm, but nothing I cant live with. I do have a 15/16" mc and am going to try it out over the winter. It's a quick swap, so I hope to see firsthand the difference.

I think shaolin crane is running the same setup but with the 15/16" mc and loves it

My setup.

Mach 1 fronts and rear brakes (same as cobra/bullitt)

95 v6 booster
1993 cobra 1" mc

It's firm, but nothing I cant live with. I do have a 15/16" mc and am going to try it out over the winter. It's a quick swap, so I hope to see firsthand the difference.

I think shaolin crane is running the same setup but with the 15/16" mc and loves it

You had to cut the firewall for that booster right?