• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Cobra Rotors

  • Thread starter Thread starter HGFireHazard
  • Start date Start date May 16, 2006

HGFireHazard

Member
Apr 10, 2005
460
0
17
Michigan
May 16, 2006
#1
  • May 16, 2006
  • #1
It's time for me to place my order for the cobra upgrades brakes, but I just can't seem to find a kit with rotors that I like. I'm looking for slotted and cross drilled rotors (more for looks than performance), that are not gold plated. Every kit I run across either comes with plain rotors, only slotted, or has slotted/CD but are gold plated. I just don't think that shade would look good on my black car with the chrome wheels. Any links would be helpful, and if anyone has gold plated slotted, CD, or both pics that would help give me a better idea, maybe I'll change my mind on the gold. Thanks guys.
 

87_GT

Member
Sep 14, 2004
179
2
18
tinley park, illinois
May 16, 2006
#2
  • May 16, 2006
  • #2
there are some over on MT
http://mustangtuning.com/fr-drillslotted-rotors-9404front.html
 

HGFireHazard

Member
Apr 10, 2005
460
0
17
Michigan
May 16, 2006
#3
  • May 16, 2006
  • #3
I sent an e-mail to Speed Concepts (one of the places I looked) to see if they could replace the rotors they have in their kits with Powerslot rotors. I really like the way the look and would be satisfied with those rotors. Thanks for the reply, 87_GT, anyone else have pics?
 

viperos

New Member
May 19, 2003
2,943
0
0
Bellevue, WA (yes, the land where every 16 year o
May 16, 2006
#4
  • May 16, 2006
  • #4
just ebay it... you can get a decent (yes, actually half/way great) rotors on ebay for $75... and the bonus side, mine have been amazing w/ extremely heavy breaking (competition street), at the end of the 1/4 mile, and just regular driving, but when they do go out on me... they're only $75 to replace!

-you can get them in gold, silver, or black coatings, all chamfered holes/slots, and they varry in the degree of venting agailable based on the company... personally, get one w/o that many holes, they really do degrade the structural integrity of the rotor, although you want some, they really help w/ the whole warping issue involved w/ high speed braking...
 

Methodical

15 Year Member
Dec 1, 2003
1,192
11
59
Clinton, MD
May 16, 2006
#5
  • May 16, 2006
  • #5
I saw some FRPP Cobra replacement one's on Summit Racing's website. They are slotted/crossdrilled. The front's were about $178/pair and the rear was about $160/pair or $90 and $80 each, respectively. I've been debating whether or not to buy some new rotors and I was thinking about them for the looks since I installed my TTIIs (17x11, 17x9.5). I am torn because the rotors I have are fairly new and it seems hard to find someone to turn slotted/crossdrilled rotors let alone 13" rotors. I think I may just hold off until my rotors warp or something and use that money to buy the LM-1: digital A/F meter.
 

95strokerPSU

Member
Jul 29, 2004
986
1
19
Sacramento from Philly
May 17, 2006
#6
  • May 17, 2006
  • #6
HGFireHazard said:
I sent an e-mail to Speed Concepts (one of the places I looked) to see if they could replace the rotors they have in their kits with Powerslot rotors. I really like the way the look and would be satisfied with those rotors. Thanks for the reply, 87_GT, anyone else have pics?
Click to expand...

I'd stay away from Speed Concepts. Myself and Zenboy both had horrible experiences with that company specifically dealing with their Cobra brake kits. It took me nearly three months to get my money back and I'm not sure if Zenboy ever got his money back. Just a heads up.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=556707&highlight=speed+concepts

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=574929

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=569366
 

HGFireHazard

Member
Apr 10, 2005
460
0
17
Michigan
May 17, 2006
#7
  • May 17, 2006
  • #7
95strokerPSU said:
I'd stay away from Speed Concepts. Myself and Zenboy both had horrible experiences with that company specifically dealing with their Cobra brake kits. It took me nearly three months to get my money back and I'm not sure if Zenboy ever got his money back. Just a heads up.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthrea...speed+concepts

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=574929

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=569366
Click to expand...

Dude, thanks. All my parts orders for this year have been delayed, my MAF, my Rims, it appears that cobra rear brakes are on national back order (or from what I've heard), and I think if I had to wait any longer than usual to get these brakes I would lose it.
 

HGFireHazard

Member
Apr 10, 2005
460
0
17
Michigan
May 18, 2006
#8
  • May 18, 2006
  • #8
Alright, another few quick questions. I found the rotors I want, they are brembos. Look http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mustang-Cobra-13-Brembo-Drilled-Slotted-Rotors-F-R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQitemZ8064482010QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting. Do you need specific brackets to fit the Cobra calipers up front or do they bolt up to the GT brackets? It would be nice to find a kit with the rotors that I'm looking for but that hasn't quite worked out. Don't yell at me about searching either, I already tried that Thanks guys.
 

95strokerPSU

Member
Jul 29, 2004
986
1
19
Sacramento from Philly
May 18, 2006
#9
  • May 18, 2006
  • #9
They look like the same ones that I bought. Got mine off of eBay just a different seller. Then I got the 10th aniversary calipers and called maximum motorsports for the right ss brake lines.
 

Methodical

15 Year Member
Dec 1, 2003
1,192
11
59
Clinton, MD
May 20, 2006
#10
  • May 20, 2006
  • #10
I did a search on brake rotors about a week ago and noticed that some posters said to beware of Brembros sold on Ebay. They said the seller slotted and crossdrilled the rotors themselves - not done by Brembro. They said there could be issues with those rotors. So be careful.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Brake pad and rotor upgrade
  • Sparky714
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
483
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2026
Sparky714
R
For Sale 2008 Mustang Bullitt for sale Richmond Hill, ON, Canada L4C 0S3
  • ROHDRNNR
  • Jun 10, 2026
  • S197 Mustangs For Sale (2005-14)
Replies
0
Views
307
S197 Mustangs For Sale (2005-14) Jun 10, 2026
ROHDRNNR
R
Brakes Brake caliper ID help
  • kidott
  • Sep 2, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
238
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 2, 2025
AeroCoupe
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
227
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
Rear Disc and Rims Offsets
  • TripleYellow
  • Nov 11, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 9, 2026
TripleYellow
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?