Code 95 (Fuel pump: open, bad ground or always on)

nero6

Aug 30, 2007
I have have been clearing up some codes on my 87 GT that I have pulled KOEO. I have code 95 which continues to show up when i run the codes KOEO. It shows up in the 'on demand' and not in continuos memory every time I pull the codes. I have run through all the steps below that I found on another post. All the wiring checks out, I purchased a new relay and code 95 still continues to show up. What would be the next steps to check?

Using the diagram, check the red/black wire from the fuel pump relay: you should see 12 volts or so. If not, check the inertia switch: on a hatch it is on the drivers side by the taillight. Look for a black rubber plug that pops out: if you don't find it, then loosen up the plastic trim. Check for voltage on both sides of the switch. If there is voltage on both sides, then check the Pink/black wire on the fuel pump relay: it is the power feed to the fuel pump. No voltage there, check the Orange/lt blue wire, it is the power feed to the fuel pump relay & has a fuse link in it. Good voltage there & at the Pink/black wire, swap the relay.

• Sponsors (?)