Suspension Coilover question

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
I just installed my maximum motorsport front coliovers with my bilstein front struts. I used two larger spacers on the strut shaft on the under side of the caster camber plate and one small one on the upper side. With the car at the ride height it is at now (almost where it was with the eibach lowering springs) the springs BARELY have any tension on them when the suspension is hanging. Should I move one of the large spacers to the top side of the caster camber plate? Will doing this allow me to get another 1/4 inch lower and put a little tension on the spring? I want to get this right before I get my alignment done.

Thanks

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

20200323_152205.jpg

Answered my own question. I moved one of the large spacer to the top side of the strut/caster camber plate and it solved the issue. Now I just need an alignment and good to go. I did drive it in it's current state and what a difference in feel. I'm pretty happy.

It should actually be opposite. You want to move the strut up as high as possible as close to hood without contact to maximize strut travel and avoid bottoming the strut out.

If I jack my car up on the k member, I have zero tension on my springs. They are loose, and I can reach up and adjust the height by hand.

Of course, spring free lenght and rate play a roll in that as well.