Cold Air Intake?

• Sponsors (?)

just pull the air silencer and run a K&N cone filter, save yourself the money, I went with the Demolet CAI and i am happy with it, your not going to see huge gains with it, i may switch to JLT just so i can get it painted like my exterior.. HA

2V, stock=nodda. With tb/plenom/LT's, then maybe 10whp.

EXHAUST!!!!!!!! Worry about FULL exhaust, software/cams(If $$ allows), brakes/suspension, Gears if you want them. After that, then get cosmetics and other unnecessary items, although, I'm suggesting from a performance point of view. Get beat by newer imports otherwise heh... Kinda the way it is for mostly stock 99+ GT's. Unless you're lucky and have a factory freak, I think mine is imo, 114k w/ listed mods and best of 13.7. Averages 13.9-14 flat.

:SNSign:

yes it is an appearance mod but i felt a definate change in hp in the top end... i know SOTP dyno blah blah balha.. but i felt it and thats all that matters...

my only gripe w/ the JLT is that the filter is so freaking hard to get to... stupid fender!

I've dynoed my car before & after the JLT was put on and I had no change. At least I didn't go down. My times at the track were better, but I don't know if it was from the advice and changes I was making while driving or the CAI.
I haven't compared the dyno's through the pulls (might find them tonight).

I just love how it looks...and that's what I bought it for anyway. :D

i have a K&N FIPK, its nice. i could feel a small difference. it looks nice when it is clean.

i kinda wish i went with JLT cuz it looks so much better and has the MAF in the fenderwell with the air filter.

Maybe i can get one donated in oxford white??? worth a shot

fastangboi said:
+1 K&N FIPK2
but i didnt notice a diff. from a drop in K&N to the full kit.

K&N FIPK2... plastic tube and K&N filter. Normally sell for ~$200.00 brand new but nice. C.A.R.B. certified. I'm getting ready to list mine on eBay for a bargain rate. It's less than two years old with few miles on it.

:D

EngineBay800.jpg

My new K&N CAI is slightly custom from Kenne Bell Superchargers. Besides the larger/longer filter the only difference is the flex tube into the fenderwell. I wish I had the sticker like from the first one to put on my big air tube. (not ricer just sweet)

DSideSC.jpg

:flag:

Attachments

• EngineBay800.jpg
    EngineBay800.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 33
  • DSideSC.jpg
    DSideSC.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 32
BurningRubber said:
Any intake that has plastic tubing, and not metal. Plastic doesnt trap the heat, chrome or metal does... heat = bad.

Unless your going for bling, but I like my K&N.
Thats why I ceramic coated my C&L, plus I figured it would be nice with the N2O bung pre-fabbed in it if I ever go that route.

*EDIT* Just a heads up even though I didn't go with JLT dude was awesome to deal with. I only went C&L at the end because they had a setup for the Mach which I kinda needed with my GT for obvious reasons. C&L I didn't go through directly. JLT I talked to multiple times. If I didn't have the shaker I'd have a DSG tube ;)

JLTucker said:
Still no dyno proof of a CAI worth nothing??

Glad to hear you JLT owners did at least "feel" something.
The avarage person can't feel anything under 10 RWHP. So there you go.
Thanks guys,

Jay
Ill say this much, besides your cust svc being awesome, I picked up 2mph consistently when I 1st installed it. That was before the headers as well, so I have to lean towards it producing a better intake charge and smoothing the flow out if nothing else.:nice:

JLTucker said:
Still no dyno proof of a CAI worth nothing??
Jay

I dyno'd my GT stock and had 226rwhp. The next time I dyno'd it I had put on a K&N FIPK, Flowmaster 40s (welded in) and a Diablo Predator tune. Got a total of 12 more rwhp. For giggles, I put the OEM tune back in and lost 9 hp. My guess is that the Flowmasters added nothing because the stock pipes were in place. So the K&N was probably giving me the remaining 3 RWHP gain over stock. I'd consider 3rwhp to be pretty much an appearance mod, since you can fluctuate that much between dyno runs on any given day.

If you're getting 12 RWHP from a CAI, it's amazing.
Speaking of proof -- Do YOU have dyno sheets? I'm not trying to flame you, but if I can pick up 12 horsepower just from a CAI, the K&N is going in the trash.