Colorado Barn Find

walken100

Sep 17, 2011
Ok, not exactly.

I've always wanted to build my own slot car. I've built hot rods, VWs, Jeeps etc... and my plan was to build something based on a muscle car that would turn well and mustangs were high on the list (owned a 65 fastback in College). Didn't plan on starting another project until I finished the frame off on an FJ40 in the garage and the 75 bronco I'm restoring with my daughter (her first car) but that changed when I found this mustang.

1st, it wasn't found in a barn and 2nd, I'm in Colorado, the car was found in Barstow CA. Its a 66 coupe 6 cylinder that was an abandoned restoration. Body is perfect, all rust removed (rotisseried) and it is about 60% assembled. It was had for a song (ok, a little more). The new parts still in boxes it came with would cost more to buy than what I paid for the whole package.

So I'm putting it in my dads garage so we can work on it together, parking the FJ40 project, and getting started. It will be a slow start because I have to finish the bronco but a start none the less. Figuring out my plans (which is how I found the site) and looking forward to my next ride.

Talk to you all soon

Bart

• Sponsors (?)

Really really... your on my but in the welcome section..

:D

fine... you go.

Attachments

• IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0347.jpg
    IMG_0347.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 124
Two more

And just for the record the only thing I possess is the title, car is still with my dad. Flying out to pick it up Thursday......

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0349.jpg
    IMG_0349.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 126