Coming soon to a garage near me

Here we go.. Anxious and awaiting the arrival of my 72 Mach 1, Q code. My personal valet is on his way down to pick it up, and trailer it back to my door. I can't even begin to tell you how dang nab psyched I am. This car appears to be everything I ever wanted, and then some.

It does have a single lifter noise, but the guy says it only appeared after he put a cam and lifters in.. Not real loud, but noticeable. Probably do some roller rockers... Then a few little odds and ends, here and there, and we'll be styling.. I'll be sure to post the grand arrival.. Probably Monday or Tuesday.

• Sponsors (?)

Be very careful of a lifter tick on a new cam, maybe a lobe going flat......The sooner you catch it, the less metal gets all thru the engine. I'd pull that pushrod and fish a tiny cam down there to see the cam lobe.

Reactions: 1 user
Be very careful of a lifter tick on a new cam, maybe a lobe going flat......The sooner you catch it, the less metal gets all thru the engine. I'd pull that pushrod and fish a tiny cam down there to see the cam lobe.
As soon as it arrives.. and I do have one of those tiny cameras that hooks up to my phone.. That will be the first order of business. The seller seems to think it wasn't shimmed properly.

Reactions: 1 user