Tire and Suspension issues

Well golly gee willickers, isn't that great? Thanks for reaching out UPR. I think we established most of that already. Your products have been fine, and probably still are. The car definitely handles better than my last stock mustang.

Parts got picked up by UPS from MM on Friday instead of Thursday, so I won't see them until Monday, and UPS isn't open to let me pick it up from where it is. Bummer.

• Sponsors (?)

Spring Isolators installed in about 30 minutes today. Clocked the springs as close to the same as possible. The car seems to be much better on a test drive, but still getting a creak from the same area, though less than previously. So I started removing interior panels on the drivers side, in front of the passenger seats and also in the trunk. Then, I'd get out and bounce on the outside corner and stick my head in the trunk, all 5'9" of me.

Got my taller buddy to help me bounce the car while I lie in the trunk and I can isolate the sound to be coming from the top corner of, for lack of better words, the driver's side bulkhead between the back seat and the trunk. Yanked out a piece of foam insulation and pitch it in the can, then grab a can of some silicone spray lube and hit the seams of the panels that squeaked when I pushed them with my hand. Nothing was loose, but a spot weld or something must have busted loose is my guess. The car no longer makes any squeaks or creaks... from out back.

Pretty sad to think that I may have a pretty tired 110K mile chassis with a bad alignment on the K-member and what appears to be complete asshattery of the front suspension. Kenny Brown has some pretty intense looking sub-frame connectors and a 3pt rear strut tower brace that I can imagine would complement a MM strut bar and nix their sub frame connectors.

Well golly gee willickers, isn't that great? Thanks for reaching out UPR. I think we established most of that already. Your products have been fine, and probably still are. The car definitely handles better than my last stock mustang.

Parts got picked up by UPS from MM on Friday instead of Thursday, so I won't see them until Monday, and UPS isn't open to let me pick it up from where it is. Bummer.

I wasn't trying to spam up your thread. Just trying to help. And the offer is open, if there's anything we can do to help, let us know.

Passenger front tire finally died yesterday. In the process of getting it all fixed. Reinstalling cc plates and getting car aligned. Not sure how important that strut tower crack is since the alignment guy said it wasn't that big of an issue.

This will be my last post in this thread. I'm starting a single thread for all future repairs/mods called "Project True Blues". Please direct your responses there.

Stop driving the car until you get the shock towers fixed. The more it cracks, the worse it will get and eventually you will have catastrophic failure. From what you said about hiting that bump and everything getting worse, you are getting close to a major failure.

You said you were near Wilshire coming through Westwood. Sounds like you are just on the other side of the hill ? I know several good shops in the valley that can help you with anything you need. Geting the crack in your shock tower fixed should really be near the top of the priority list.

Replacing the lug is easy enough. Removing it is easy, once the old one is out, you can suck a new one in place with some washers and an open ended lug nut as you already heard about.

The CC plates need to be removed to weld the towers, you should try to put some Maximum Motorsports plates on at the same time.

The CC plates are Steedas and they don't work with coilovers. I went through 2 sets of them and even reinforced them after I went to coilovers. They all bent. You need 4-bolt CC plates like Maximum Motorsports like Rusty67 says.. That being said, the shock tower was never built for coilovers and that's your second problem. We had to weld a steel plate under both of the shock towers to reinforce them to repair them and keep them from bending and cracking. Once you do that, problem solved. I would also get a a strut brace for additional support which I did. The crack is a huge issue, get it repaired.