Engine Comp Cams 4504-16 Rocker Arm Stud Torque?

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the reply.

I also found this reference after posting here, but to me 13 ft-lbs seems a bit low. By the way, this is the ONLY place I could find anywhere that had a torque value posted for the Comp Cams Rocker Arm Stud, including the Comp Cams website.

On another site, a user stated that Comp Cams Rocker Arm Studs are made by ARP. If this is true, ARP's stated torque value is 28 ft-lbs, a big difference.

For now, my engine assembly is on hold until Comp Cams opens back up on Jan 4th. Once I get the torque value from them I can finish things up and post what what they tell me here for others to know as well.

Once again, thanks for the feedback!

Happy New Year!
Mark

Keep in mind that the end that goes into the head is only a 5/16” course thread which is a low tq value fastener in the first place. There also could be a different rating based on the head being either iron or aluminum.

Reactions: 1 user
Someone on Amazon asked about torqueing these rocker arm studs and the answer was 50 ft-lbs for aluminum heads and 55 ft-lbs for cast iron. This seemed way to high for a 5/16" stud.

I learned the Comp Cam rocker arm studs are made by ARP. According to their specs, torque on a 5/16" should be between 24-30 ft-lbs.

Finally was able to talk with a Comp Cams Tech Support Person. He confirmed their rocker arm studs are made by ARP. He also suggested the torque be 30-35 ft-lbs based on his experience, not actual recommended torque value for the specific product.

So, 4 different sources, 4 different torque specs for the same item (not to mention the various forums I asked for help on). This has been total BS!

I'm going with the recommendation from Comp Cams of 30-35 ft-lbs. I just hope the Tech Support Person knows what he's talking about.

Mark