Comp Cams Cam Quest My Results

95Vert383AOD

15 Year Member
Jun 10, 2008
New Bedford, MA
OK so you guys like Pokageek that have been paying attention know im on a "Quest" to get my HP levels where they should be.

I entered my whole engine config. down to the new AFR 225 head flow rates.

And....For streetability its giving me Lift & duration numbers that are very close to what i already have in the car. Its giving me multiple examples that work with my stall of 2400 that are so close to what i have that im wondering if i need to change the cam. For street its giving me Lifts of around .533-.540 and durations around 220-230.

So to make sure i asked the computer to recommend a cam more race oriented....But my HP only bumps up by 10ish hp.

Im getting HP numbers of around 560's with cams simliar to what i have...With more severe cams only getting me to 570's...with just over 500TQ

I think that because of the heads size i may not need a cam thats pushing a .600 lift.

What do you guys think??? :shrug:

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

It made 265hp and 497tq but since then I've upgraded the fuel system and the intake....I have n't taken it back. But there wasn't much of a power increase. Ed Curtis and The comp cams calculator both estimate around 550hp....Only thing is Ed wont give me cam numbers and the numbers from Comp Cams are close to those of the cam i have now.

It made 265hp and 497tq but since then I've upgraded the fuel system and the intake....I have n't taken it back. But there wasn't much of a power increase. Ed Curtis and The comp cams calculator both estimate around 550hp....Only thing is Ed wont give me cam numbers and the numbers from Comp Cams are close to those of the cam i have now.

i'm guessing that horsepower number is a typo??? i doubt you're making 265 hp on a 383W and expecting a new cam to bump you up another 300 horsepower :D

the numbers are always gonna be lower with an auto trans, and when i see someone at the track running 9's with an AOD, i'll let you know. If i was gonna spend 2500 bucks on a transmission, i'd probly just go with a turbo 400, or a glide.

what injectors are you running? and if the motor 497 tq, how did it do it below 2000 rpms?

the numbers are always gonna be lower with an auto trans, and when i see someone at the track running 9's with an AOD, i'll let you know. If i was gonna spend 2500 bucks on a transmission, i'd probly just go with a turbo 400, or a glide

looks like someone just pulled a 9 with an AOD on his first run of the season :shrug:

9.93 @ 140.4 with a 1.58 60'

Click Click Racing

Got my 9!!! - Click Click Racing Forums

not trying to stir the pot or be a dick, just thought you might want to check it out... i actually agree with just going for a glide or TH400 for that kind of money

im not trying to be a dick either, but it costs alot of money to make an aod handle any kind of power, and there are no guys around here that i know of running them

yeah, i know what you're saying, i know the AODs can be built to hold serious power with 4r70w gearsets and all that, but for that kind of green i'm just going to go the TH400 or powerglide route whenever i start building my new combo next year

As far as the AOD goes, I don't know his name or anything, but their is a guy that runs a coupe at our local track and it pulls mid to high 6's on an AOD, that is in 1,000ft though:shrug: Heard he got it from eatmyshift.com

OK Guys...i found it...heres my Dyno Sheet. Tell me what you think??? Theres no excuse for this kind of dyno. The heads suck. Cam isn't the best but should make more than what it is. Like i said...Its the Pro Comp Heads.

PICT0978.jpg