computer question on 86 mustang/MAF CONV

cj99

Aug 19, 2006
Tonopah,AZ
Hello, I have a computer question
I have a 86 mustang that has been converted to MAF and I have a dead wire on the distributor plug wire that controllers the timing. I have trace wire back to computer in car and wire is good.
so I may have a back computer. car runs but will not control timing I have to set it manual which means it runs good full out but does not want to run at cruise and has a bad idle .. anyway I have 2 computers the one in the car is
EEC-IV SFI-MA12A
F3zf-12a650-eb D3D1

on it. my other computer I got off of eBay, by the way it will not start the car so I don't know if its dead or just for maybe the real 86 speed density none MAF system ? or other here are its #'s
EEC-IV EFI sd20a
E8tf-12a650-as2c g 8RB
I see that one of them say's SFI and the other has EFI on it. what does that mean ?
and does anyone know what the voltage out put on the wire should be at idle so I can use that for testing ? at the plug ?
thanks
chad

• Sponsors (?)

The first number you have is from a 93 I believe, but not sure if it's GT, Cobra etc and it is definitely mass air. The MA in the code is what signifies mass air. The second computer with the "sd" in the number is speed density and is no good for mass air. Follow this link. It might help you i.d. your computer better. Also, fordfuelinjection.com is a great site to learn basically anything you want to know about fuel injection in our cars.

http://eelink.net/~p-nowak/EEC-Archive/msg00686.html