Computer wiring fun!!

Prime Lord

Crappy Default Title
Founding Member
Sep 19, 2000
Denver-ish
I'm finally making some forward progress...I got the main harness back in the car today. The problem I ran into, is that the brown plug (on the inside of the firewall) has no mate. I know it up there somewhere, but I REALLY don't want to pull the dash to get to it...any ideas where I can find this? I've got a 17 year old sister w/ small hands if its reachable. :D

Also (on the topic of wiring. I'm trying to hide as many of these as possible. I managed to get the MAF wiring on the passenger side though the hole in the strut tower and the mass of wires on the other side as well...my quesion is, where should I attach them so they'll be out of the way. I'm thinking on the inside of the strut itself or right underneath the engine frame on the outside of the strut...which would be better? Thx again.

(here some pics just for fun) :D

Attachments

• 103_9460.jpg
    103_9460.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 103_9461.jpg
    103_9461.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 84
  • Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I've been through those diagrams before on the harness...actually have printouts of them in the car, but I just can't find that mate to the ECC Power Relay (plug 27 on the main harness map). Really, I remember when I was pulling the harness out right before I painted the engine bay, that connector just popped off and the harness came out. Since I didn't unplug it myself, I really have NO clue where the other side is. heh.

The EEC Power Relay should be over by your battery. That's where it was on my 86 at least. There are other relays right next to where the wiring goes through the firewall, could it be one of those? That diagram shows it should be inside the car, but it also shows the fuel pump realy in the engine bay yet it's located under the drivers seat. At least that where things were on my car.

hey j, not tryin to steal the thread here, but i'm getting ready to swap to FI, i've got all the harness pieces i need to include the veh spd sen, fuel pump harness with inertia switch, etc, etc, ad nauseam...any general helpful hints or links you have on this one? i'm trying to set it up as stock style as possible to allow for easy upgrades.

yeah, i downloaded that one from a link a friend sent me...and you're very right-immensely helpful-a diagram, multimeter, about three hours and a few beers and I had a freshly wrapped and ck'd '91 harness.

what I really meant was any helpful general hints about what to do when I go to throw all these parts in-common fitment issues, routing, things of that ilk...

I fabbed my own wiring harness and when I got it all done, i set it in place on top of everything to make sure everything would fit right and I had all the connectors in the right spot. This way if anything doesn't fit like it should you can fix it w/o having to take it off again. Oh and I would have my upper plenum off just because it makes it 100X easier.

txstang84 said:
the relay your thinkin about is the WOT A/C cutout relay, the eec pwr relay is right next to the eec in the kick panel

Since you seem to know what I'm talking about, the plug I'm talking about just goes to a relay thats mounted somewhere in the kick panel? Like I said, I didn't see what the plug came off of when I pulled the harness out. I'm sitting here looking for a plug w/ wires to attach to this brown connector, but you're saying its just a relay?

yeah, if i recall correctly, the brown connector (5 or 6 pin, i think) right next to the main connector to the eec is the eec power relay connector, the relay plugs directly into it...i think i paid about $12 at the local dealership...

there should be a green connector there too...you can ck out here too:

www.fordfuelinjection.com