Computers

• Sponsors (?)

Jayson, how bout just lurking the forums or doing a few searches before posting threads covering ground that has been trampled to dust by thousands of Mustang owners?

Its bad enough to only want low-hanging fruit, but its damned annoying to ask others to pick it for you. No flame intended, but you'll learn a lot just by reading for a few weeks.

Aaron 4.6 said:
Jayson, how bout just lurking the forums or doing a few searches before posting threads covering ground that has been trampled to dust by thousands of Mustang owners?

Its bad enough to only want low-hanging fruit, but its damned annoying to ask others to pick it for you. No flame intended, but you'll learn a lot just by reading for a few weeks.

I asked him the same thing yesterday...
Jayson, we really don't mind answering questions. In fact, we like it so much that we end up spending a lot of time doing just that. But answering the same questions over and over gets old - so, before you do, please do us all a favor and don't even try to ask "Which is better 373s or 410s?" or "Which exhaust system is best" or "Which tires fit on these wheels?" or "Which springs", etc, etc, etc.
Narrow your search a little more. Or sift thru the ones you do find. Or present us with a plan and ask our opinion if that's what you want. This would be better than the endless new threads, and we could have a better understanding of what you are trying to do and give you better insight.
As I said yesterday, make some sort of plan (even if it's just in your head) of what you want to build. And please don't bore us with a pipe dream. (Sorry, but I've seen many younger new stang owners who come in here and ask a million quesions like they're ready to build a race car, only to find out they work at a grocery store making $6.00/hour.)
I'm just giving you this advice to try and help you, not put you off. I'd rather see you get the answers you want and need than pi$$ people off and get discouraged. We are here to help and truly enjoy doing so. There are some real expects out here with tons of experience.
:nice: :flag: :D

twogts I have searched for this one and I have gone through all 49 threads on computers. I will not be paying for any mods on my car. That is my dads department he just wants me to get your guys advice on what to do. So as 2 i make $6 an hour at a grocery store thats not true. I looked for the thread on how much improvement in the quarter will I get with 3:73's, I looked for the computer and I though it was good to ask specifically on a 96 gt but I guess not.

So better insight on what I am trying to do.....basically I want to kill japp cars on the street and thats about it. I hate the whistle that comes out of the big a$$ exhaust pipe. SO you ask what I want to do and I tell you.

ok heres what you do. pull your motor. get a 03 cobra long block from karkraft. get a KB 2.4L blowzilla and run 30lbs of boost with 83lb injectors. for a computer use a stock 4v computer with a dyno tune. for a tranny use a t56 out of a viper with a 8.8 with 3.73 gears. for exhaust run a full bassani exhaust without cats. that will make you beat 99% of the ricers out there. now if my dad was paying for it thats what i would do. lord knows my dad owes me.

actually, dump the stock computer and run a FAST system. if i was building the car id go with a race prepped 4r70w, but i like automatics. for the rearend use an Auburn Pro 31 spline diff with 3.73 gears and either moser or strange engineering axles, and a SVO or Strange girdle filled with either mobil 1, redline, or royal purple synthetic diff fluid.

ya thats what i did for a buddy, jsut got 3.73s out of a f150. i actually dont run a stang i run a crown vic, but everything is the same. im getting ready to build up the diff in it and im just gonna get the FRPP 3.73s or maybe 4.10s from gefracing. you can get away with 4.10s and the possible blower on a vic because they weigh so much more and they are all sloshboxes

I tried to get help with a computer change a year ago. No one knows anything. But from what i have been able to find, a 98 computer is the better of the 3 years. It is supposed to have more tuning paramaters, or something. It also carries a factory rating of 10 more horsepower. But i think you need the keys tht came with the computer if you want to change it. the PATS system will want the keys from that computer because it will not turn on the fuel pump if you don't have em.