Confirm Tad And Tab Location

dz01

Mar 31, 2005
Massachusetts
I found this image, but wanted to confirm it's correct. I could have sworn the TAD and TABs were the other way.

Attachments

• TAB TAD EVR Soleniods.jpg
    TAB TAD EVR Soleniods.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 373
  • Sponsors (?)

Use the wire colors to help identify them:
white/red wire on the TAB solenoid.
light green/black wire on the TAD solenoid

I found this image, but wanted to confirm it's correct. I could have sworn the TAD and TABs were the other way.
Acording to the jrickler diagram the grey vacuum hose goes to the tad valve. Which is wrong. It goes to the tab valve. And honestly every single mustang ive looked at the black vacuum Hose goes to the tad valve and the grey vac hose goes to the tab. The diagram hes showing is wrong.. Totally messed me up because it shows the air bypass valve hooked up to the tad solenoid. When the bypass valve goes to the tab and the diverter valve goes to the tad. Not the other way around. I think tmoss should revise the diagram because um bettin lots of people have tried to hook the tab and tad solenoids upbackwards because of a wrong diagram being shared all over the internet. Even the picture above shows what i mean. Grey vacuum hose to the tab solenoid and the black to the tad. Which is reversed because of the mirror. Tad closes to engine and tab to fender

Use the wire colors to help identify them:
white/red wire on the TAB solenoid.
light green/black wire on the TAD solenoid
The tab wires are red and white. The tad wires are red and white. The egr solenoid wires are not light green and black. The egr solenoid wires are black and black with grey stripe. Id like to kno where the lite green wire is in the picture shown above.

Acording to the jrickler diagram the grey vacuum hose goes to the tad valve. Which is wrong. It goes to the tab valve. And honestly every single mustang ive looked at the black vacuum Hose goes to the tad valve and the grey vac hose goes to the tab. The diagram hes showing is wrong.. Totally messed me up because it shows the air bypass valve hooked up to the tad solenoid. When the bypass valve goes to the tab and the diverter valve goes to the tad. Not the other way around. I think tmoss should revise the diagram because um bettin lots of people have tried to hook the tab and tad solenoids upbackwards because of a wrong diagram being shared all over the internet. Even the picture above shows what i mean. Grey vacuum hose to the tab solenoid and the black to the tad. Which is reversed because of the mirror. Tad closes to engine and tab to fender
The vacuum lines aren't color coded in my drawing. Any attempt to derive information using color for the vacuum lines is an invention of your own; I didn't draw it that way. The lines are different colors from the objects behind them so that you don't mistakenly think there is a connection to them.
The vacuum source is common to both TAB and TAD; the outputs are what is different,

thermactor-air-system-65-gif.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users