Confused... SCT XCal3 tuner or SCT SF3 tuner?????? WTF?

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2002
Broke
I was planning to buy an Xcal 3 from AmericanMuscle.com. I checked there website and now that only sell SCT SF3 PowerFlash tuners (and two types of them...). They seem to be almost identical products???

Which one do I want? I want to get a tune for my bolt on car right now (to replace my ancient AutoLogic cbip that is having issues), and then get dyno tuned after I add Trick Flow heads and cams. I would like to be able to tweak stuff right on the tuner (shift points etc.)

Also, is there a better place to buy from? I have had good luck with amercian muscle before, but is their tuning decent?:shrug:

Thanks for any advice you can give.:nice:

D

• Sponsors (?)

The SF3 has a pre-loaded tune, while the Xcal3 allows you to do 3 separate custom tunes. I have the Xcal3 and it's awesome. Never knew what I could do with a third tune, but I have 1 tune for the most power I can squeeze out of my setup, and the other for fuel efficiency.

I think they both will store the 3 tunes, one just comes with a pre-loaded list. I've heard great things about Amazon tuning. You can get the same thing from them, it will be a little more expensive, but their tunes are suppose to be great.

I think they both will store the 3 tunes, one just comes with a pre-loaded list. I've heard great things about Amazon tuning. You can get the same thing from them, it will be a little more expensive, but their tunes are suppose to be great.

Thanks. Never heard of them. I should check out the modular depot guys too I guess...