Considering a mustang.......again.

5ive.oh

Founding Member
Feb 23, 2001
Rocky Mountain House, AB
Well I am now considering getting another mustang, but I don't know which year to get. I don't want the payments of an 05/06 model so I was thinking on an 03. Now, I currently own a 05 nissan sentra spec-v (what a mouthful) that I will trade in. Having a wife and two kids should I do it?

• Sponsors (?)

How big are the kiddie's and will they fit in the backseat of a stang? 04's are getting cheaper these days, and lots of ones with low miles. You can have mine...29k miles...$19k :D

Are the kids gonna like the backseat?

I'm a big guy, and the way my seat is NOBODY can sit behind me. Plus 4 people in the car is way too cramped. I usually just do myself and a passenger and that
s all

I own 2 Mustangs and I have a 15 month old and I have no problem putting my kid in the back of the Mustang while my wife and I sit in the front. Plus my kid loves to ride in the Mustang.

Son is 8, daughter is 4. I am not a big guy, besides the seats are cramped in the econo box I drive now anyway. I'm going to test drive an 03 vert on saturday with the family and see how it goes. It will be the only car for now, but I work at a ford dealership so getting a second vehicle cheap shouldn't be an issue, like an explorer or expedition.

The mustang is definatly not a family car. I can't drive with people sitting behind me in my car my knees get tucked up in to the dash, the seat feels like it is straight up, just about as uncomfortable as humanly possible. I need a rear seat delete so I can make it a 2 seater.

Keep the spec v, they are great cars for a daily driver. Then buy an older GT, either a fox if thats your thing or a 94-98 GT. You can get them easy for 6K any day of the week.

I sold my 2004 GT and bought a Mazda 6 and 98 GT with a PI swap. Nearly the same $$ tied up, but I get a faster GT and a nicer daily driver.

Btw mustangs suck for seat room. If you want go an a back seat, look at a used Charger RT.

Two Wheel Peel said:
I say go for the Mustang. The kids will love it. The 99-02 models are a real bargain right now. Besides, how often are you really going to be hauling three other people with you?

Go for the Mustang. You will regret it if you don't. I know that I would. Even if I have a kid and a wife. I would NEVER give up my 2 Mustangs.

5ive.oh said:
I thought of that, but I can't find a fox body for less then 8k around here. I don't like the 94-98 years. Used chargers are the same $ as new 05 mustangs here. I just took an 05 R/T for a test drive.

That is true an RT charger is the same price as a new GT stang, but you get a back seat and room for a family with your 350hp with the charger. I would rather have the GT, but not if I had a family.