Consistent on Nitrous?

donsbad68

Immensely Educated
Jan 4, 2003
Oklahoma
How many of you bracket race guys run consistent on nitrous? I'm having issue with the times going plus or minus half a tenth to a tenth. I don't have to tell you guys that a tenth matters in bracket racing. Anyone with ideas on how to tighten up the consistency please chime in. Thanks.:nice:

Dustin

• Sponsors (?)

Whats your set-up?

Biggest thing with nitrous for consistancy is gunna be bottle pressure and fuel pressure.Best way to keep your bottle pressure consitant would be to get a regulator,bigger bottles,and a heater.

Fuel pressure is obivious...big pump and a return type system.

If its carbed and a plate kit,try going to a square jet set-up and runing the higher fuel pressure,as little changes arent as noticable with the higher pressures.

Do you run a window switch?

If not I would run one in conjuction with the WOT switch. That way the nitrous comes on at the same RPM and off, if need be, at the same RPM every time. That along with a purge and consistent bottle pressure should help make it much more consistent.

donsbad68 said:
Can I run a window switch with the tight rules of IHRA No/E Class?

I would, if you were ever questioned you could say it was for safety. Its not like a delay box or throttle stop so I wouldnt see the problem.

Are you sure its not something in the chassis when on the spray?