Control arms

Spro

Nov 3, 2007
IL
  • Sponsors (?)

I guess I'll be the one to ask - what's your 'pinion angle problem'?

And aren't the MM uppers boxed? I could be wrong, I know there was a company selling em this way and I thought it was MM...I know that was a good, inexpensive way to make the OEM uppers much stronger - just box em with a steel plate.

I guess I'll be the one to ask - what's your 'pinion angle problem'?

And aren't the MM uppers boxed? I could be wrong, I know there was a company selling em this way and I thought it was MM...I know that was a good, inexpensive way to make the OEM uppers much stronger - just box em with a steel plate.

I had the car lowered which changed the pinion angle slightly. This has caused my rear end to make some noise between 40-55 mph. I didn't have any noise before the car was lowered. Now I need to put on adjustable upper ca's to correct the problem. I thought it had something due to my gear install but thats not the case.

Factory uppers are the best to use if u drive your car on the street. Stiff aftermarket uppers cause severe suspension bind, dont allow any suspension articulation in the turns, & can actually damage the upper torque boxes. On the other hand, the MM adj. LCA's are the way to go for lowers, but if u plan on going to the track, make sure u buy the extreme duty versions with the spherical bearing on both ends because 1 trip to the track & u will blow out the poly bushings on the chassis end....I speak from experience, i have blown mine out twice already, so i upgraded to the XD's....

Yea i have stock uppers and upr's pro street lowers which have spherical's on the chassis end and they are great. I'd imagine MM's are pretty sweet also. i don't think i want to get aftermarket uppers. The lowers are amazing for grip though. If you set the adjustable lowers to stock (17.5 inches) you should be fine. The lca's shouldn't change pinion angle.

Yea i have stock uppers and upr's pro street lowers which have spherical's on the chassis end and they are great. I'd imagine MM's are pretty sweet also. i don't think i want to get aftermarket uppers. The lowers are amazing for grip though. If you set the adjustable lowers to stock (17.5 inches) you should be fine. The lca's shouldn't change pinion angle.

Yeah but I need to get the uppers to adjust my pinion angle. I really don't have a choice. I'm gonna have to wait a while to get the LCA's. How much are you lowered?