Converter Question - PLEASE HELP!

I was wondering whether or not a PI Stallion converter that was on a 2001 GT will work for my 1994 GT? It is a single disc, lock-up, and has a stall of 2800 RPM's. I know that both the 2001 and 1994 auto tranny's are considered AOD-E's, but that the 2001 was also called the 4R70W (correct me if I'm wrong). I just need to know if those converters have something different that won't allow them to be used on our model AOD-E's. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

• Sponsors (?)

I tried calling PI, and they are on a week long "work vacation" and are closed from the 4th to the 8th, so I can't get through to them till Monday. I looked at their website also, but I can't tell by simply looking over the different applications whether or not there are any differences between the converters for the 4.6 and 5.0.

Try postin this on www.tccoa.com under drive train. there is a couple of guys who make converters and they will know.

I'm not sure about modding it. I really wouldent want to do that.

I just looked at mine and it has 2 sets of holes for spacing. But post up on the other site and i'm pretty sure you will get you anwser.