Convertible Top Difference Between 87-90 & 91-93

• Sponsors (?)

Well after some searching using different words and such I think I found what I needed. The earlier models stacked lower into the well. But will fit my 91 if I don't mind the higher stack. Correct?

The new top skin and such need to be ordered for the older frame as the one for sale has a beat up white top.
I had a 89 vert and did not think anything of it then.

Right now I have no idea. The guy I bought it from 3 weeks ago said the motor is bad. But something is making noise. I have just been fixing everything else and was putting the top off for last.
The top has one broken front drivers side rail. The aluminum cast part.
And a pin that hold another link of some sort is broke. I did find a pin in the car when cleaning it. But the plastic like bushing is also wasted.

This top assy just came up locally and 300 is not a issue. I would rather have the correct year. But I see them on ebay for 650 or more.

They seem scarce. I'm not in a hurry. Just thought maybe I should jump on this.

You have it backward. The latter frames sit lower in the well. Either frame will work in your car. The top boots may not be interchangeable though.

Just keep looking they're out there. I got mine from MPS in Atlanta, they're a big mustang recycler...

The hydraulics are the same

*I still use my 89 boot it fits fine.

You can test the motor and check the fluid in it etc before changing it out. theres a guy who sells rebuilts with warranty too for about $100, if you find you need it I can dig up his link

How much lower do the 91+ stacks sit in relation to the belt line of the car? I have checked pictures and on some it looks negligible while on others it seems like a good 6". I might be picking up an 89 Vert and this is a change I might want to make in the future (distant future) if the difference is dramatic.

They don't sit much lower.
While they do sell the cast rail. They don't sell the pin kits with bushings.
Keep looking, I bought a complete perfect 93 top assy for 120 from a pic and pull. Included lines, cylinders and pump. Bolted it on, bled it, adjusted it and done.