Convertible top frame replacement help please!

I am working on an 89 GT convertible that needs a new canvas top and frame. Can anyone help me out with some info on how to do this? I am attaching some pics of the curent condition and attachment points. The car is not mine, I am only working on it to help out a service member who is currently overseas. Thanks in advance!

Ed

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0796.jpg
    IMG_0796.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 3,666
  • IMG_0797.jpg
    IMG_0797.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,448
  • IMG_0798.jpg
    IMG_0798.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_0799.jpg
    IMG_0799.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,727
  • Sponsors (?)

Check your Pm I cant post it here but I sent you a link you can get some videos and a complete PDF document there that will tell you everything you would want to know about a vert top.

If you're replacing the entire thing with another complete unit, its really really easy.

My friend and I swapped his white top for a black one, in less than an hour, NOT KNOWING what we were doing! Then again, we had Miller High Life in our blood, and our mullets were wagging in the wind...

why cant you post the link up? are there Nudy pics in it? if so I cant wait to see it. pm me link as well. I have vert and like said earlier you can never have too much information concerning that top.

why cant you post the link up? are there Nudy pics in it? if so I cant wait to see it. pm me link as well. I have vert and like said earlier you can never have too much information concerning that top.

I didnt post the link up because I dont know what the copyright rules are here. If someone that I sent the link to wants to post it feel free

can you pm me the link? thanks

Since this thread is archaic at >10 years old and that member hasn't been seen online here in >6 years, I'm going to guess you're on your own. You could post your own thread in the appropriate section looking for a link. Or I believe someone has a video on YouTube, but it's been a while since I searched, you would probably have some good luck finding something there.

Since this thread is archaic at >10 years old and that member hasn't been seen online here in >6 years, I'm going to guess you're on your own. You could post your own thread in the appropriate section looking for a link. Or I believe someone has a video on YouTube, but it's been a while since I searched, you would probably have some good luck finding something there.
I’ve posted my own thread, and searched YouTube. Seems there isn’t a lot of 94-95 convertible owners that post photos or updates to their fixes