Convertible top instructions needed

Woody31

Jul 25, 2006
I am looking for some instruction on installing a new top on my 67 convertible. The original top material is too far gone to see how or where it was installed. The frame is good.

Any help would be appreciated.
Woody

• Sponsors (?)

Woody31 said:
Okay, I am still not able to find any instructions.
Does anyone have a hint, good guess?

CJ Pony parts still has the manual available in their on-line catalog:

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb...~S1W7172MZ571549318850g~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000016a

About $6.

I have a copy of it around here somewhere and have successfully installed 2 tops using it, one on a 63' Comet and one on a 65' Stang. These were tops that were literally "gone" and I was able to do it with no prior experience and by myself--Just me and the book, a staple gun, glue, new pads, a new top with window, and a couple of days of free time. I found that I had to do some steps a couple of times to get a good tight fit--especially for the rear sail panels.

I found the book mentioned above detailed enough, but not always exact in their measurements due to it being generic for all small Ford vehicles. I will still highly recommend it though.

I heard those tops were hard as heck to install.

I posted this question a while ago and all the replies I got were advice not to do it myself. I had thought prior to posting the question that it's like putting together anything else on a car - it can't be THAT tough, right?

Well I'm still not sure, but I think I might have to buy the book and at least read through the instructions.