Convertible Top Missing Part

Fab Stang

Jun 21, 2019
Switzerland
Hi everyone

I bought a '89 Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible with a couple of problems of which most could be solved. There are two left though:

1. The top is hard to open and close with the latches because it's twisted to the left. The up/down function itself with the motor works flawlessly. So we found that a hub (I don't know the correct name of it) is missing on the right side, see pictures below. Does anybody know how I could replace that? Or where I can get it? It's nowhere in the car...

2. Going over bumps I can hear very annoying loud noise coming from the doors, it sounds to me like the windows are smashed around inside the doors. Also with the top closed and the windows up it's the same but even a bit louder. Has anyone experienced this phenomenon? The windows are automatic and otherwise function fine. The only thing is, that on the left side I have to raise the front window first otherwise the small rear window won't end up in the correct position. But that's a minor problem I don't have to find a solution for. But I need to solve the other two problems.

Any ideas help would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards, Fabian

• Sponsors (?)