Well, one thing at a time
Or a package deal
I feel your pain on the heater core
So a new Fuel tank, battery and heater core should do you
Did the PS work out ok?
Was the fitting just loose?
The car LOVES you because you are fixing it

• Sponsors (?)

PS has worked out so far. I replaced the pump with a used one I had and just replaced the Teflon o-ring on the original line (I bought a new line in case). No leaks so far and it is quiet. Old pump was noisy as hell. I think I ran it too long like that. And I used a small 6” crescent wrench for the line. It still took a little bit but it worked fairly well.

I still have to replace the serpentine belt. It was supposed to arrive Thursday but it is delayed even though it has been in town since then.

I think when the serpentine belt frayed it hit that line and stressed the Teflon seal and started the leak.

Today I went and got gas in a gas can and put a couple gallons in and started the car and let it run for about 20 min with the defroster on and there was no moisture on the windshield. I might take it to work tomorrow and see what happens.

Fuel tank replacement is going to wait a while. I have one in a parts car but I want to sell the engine (V6) before pull the tank from the car. As long as I and the wife remembers to treat the 1/4 mark as E we should be fine.

I appreciate all the help, tips, and advice with this project.

Reactions: 1 user
Drove the car to work today. I put over 60 miles on it by the time I got home. Check engine light came on after about 10 miles. I got home and my new serpentine belt was here so I put it on. Checked the car over and there were no fluid leaks that I noticed. Both intake and power steering pump line is dry still. Windshield was dry, all day as well (well at least from coolant) and I used the defroster all the way home because it was raining cats and dogs. I pulled the engine code and it is P0401. This is a code I have not had to deal with before on the 4.6. I know it is EGR related. I assume this has to do with something with the intake swap since I did not have any engine codes before but I did not have time to look into it more than pulling and clearing the code. I will drive it to work tomorrow again and see what happens.

Great news
The P0401 for your 4.6 is most likely a plugged port if the vacuum line is good to the EGR valve
Real common for the EGR port to plug up on 4.6
The aluminum 90 degree intake adapter
Remove that and check the little round EGR port
Code may have just been a fluke and around here in the winter the code gets set sometimes due to icing
Advise clear code and retest at least once

Drove the car to work yesterday. Engine light did not come on but the car did not run super awesome either in my opinion. Car seemed to vibrate a lot on the freeway. Vibration seem drivetrain related. I did notice the rear end is clunking too. Lots of back lash on the ring and pinion. That is another project some day. Anyway, today I worked from home so I did not go anywhere, But today my PVC valve and pipe came in, The one that was on the car was broken and it was rigged together with two different size hoses. When I did the first intake R and R, I did not get the rig back together correctly and I had this strange hissing sound when the engine was running. Took me a bit to figure out where it was coming from. While I was changing the pipe I found a vacuum leak on one of those red plastic tube vacuum lines so I fixed it. I will take the car to work again tomorrow and see if it run any better.

Reactions: 1 user