Coolant Leak, What Is This?

Hey guys, I had some coolant leaking onto my fuel injectors/COP, and I found where it's coming from. I tried tightening it to no avail. I assume I'll just need to replace the gasket or something. I circled (badly squared) where the leak is coming from, I just have NO IDEA what part it is haha. The thermostat is on the other side of it, and it goes around the radiator. Thank you in advance!
20160317_173817.jpg
20160317_173817.jpg

Attachments

• 20160317_173822.jpg
    20160317_173822.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Sponsors (?)

Hate to say it friend but you may be looking at a new intake. Unless somebody has a new trick for leaking crossovers, you need to replace it. It's a petty common problem on these cars.
Hmm well I guess I'd be upset if I didn't love breaking and upgrading things ;) I was reading about it and it seems like a good replacement would be the HPS Hardball'r Aluminum Intake Manifold, only problem is is that I can't find any anymore, maybe they're discontinued? Do you by chance have any recommendations? I'm planning on supercharging and getting to about 450rwhp, so I assume a stock PI intake would probably work fine. I just usually hate going stock when I have the chance to upgrade things, so I find it hard to buy a stock performance part!

Trickflow intakes are expensive but if you are going to supercharge, I think they are a good option. I think these intakes will work well in the interim, while your engine is till mostly stock or not yet supercharged.

The Edelbrock intakes are freaking awesome but I don't think they play well with mostly stock engines. Might need to have a built engine (cams and heads) or a blower already on for those to work well.

For stock replacement, Ford OEM or Ford Racing intakes are the only way to go. Dorman intakes hurt performance and I've always been suspicious of the metal Typhoon intakes.

My stock Ford Racing intake became a bottle neck on my old Procharged GT. Once I started making 12 psi of boost, the car would make about 400 rwhp but the power would flatline there. The dyno graph literally flattened out past a certain RPM, can't remember which RPM. Maybe it was my particular car but I had a full exhaust so the issue was most likely on the intake side.

Reactions: 1 user
Trickflow intakes are expensive but if you are going to supercharge, I think they are a good option. I think these intakes will work well in the interim, while your engine is till mostly stock or not yet supercharged.

The Edelbrock intakes are freaking awesome but I don't think they play well with mostly stock engines. Might need to have a built engine (cams and heads) or a blower already on for those to work well.

For stock replacement, Ford OEM or Ford Racing intakes are the only way to go. Dorman intakes hurt performance and I've always been suspicious of the metal Typhoon intakes.

My stock Ford Racing intake became a bottle neck on my old Procharged GT. Once I started making 12 psi of boost, the car would make about 400 rwhp but the power would flatline there. The dyno graph literally flattened out past a certain RPM, can't remember which RPM. Maybe it was my particular car but I had a full exhaust so the issue was most likely on the intake side.
Hmm yeah, I may just go with the Ford Racing. I can't really afford the trick flow currently and the edelbrock SEEMS to be a little extreme for my purposes :p Thanks for the help!