87FoxDroptop

Jun 21, 2020
Maryland
So I recently got an 87 gt and I just installed an a/c delete kit on it that I purchased from LMR and I drove the car after installation to see how it ran and got home and there was a huge coolant leak and it was overheating. Wondering if anybody has any suggestions to what it might be, looks like the water pump or just the gasket could be bad and taking the bolts out of it could have caused the leak from separation. Also there’s a hissing sound from where the water pump is located. Any help would be awesome.

• Sponsors (?)

So I recently installed an a/c delete and a new water pump on my 87 gt and when I let the car sit for about 15 min or less if I drive it around the block, it starts overheating and it seems to be coming from behind the driver side headlight by the overflow tank. Any suggestions as to what it might be?

Radiator cap,overflow tank,hole in rad. I would start with a cold car then remove cap and top off coolant.start car and watch as it heats up.Check temp gauge.let us know with pic of vid .

I merged these threads together.
You may have air trapped in the cooling system, jack the front for the car up as high as possible, fill the radiator and squeeze the lower hose several times keeping the radiator full. This should push the air out.
There may be a break in the hose from the radiator to the overflow tank, it is in that area.

Reactions: 1 user