Electrical Coolant Level Sensor and Crash Sensors

2007_Crown_Vic

Aug 19, 2016
Hi guys,

I have a nagging low coolant light that I have been told is the coolant level sensor - that cap with the long stem on it. I also have a flashing air bag light and have been told that is a crash sensor (4 total?). I keep an eye on temp and coolant level and just ignore the air bag light. The sensors are quite expensive new so I was waiting until I had enough for a larger order to get one. Apparently the crash sensors are not made anymore.

There is someone locally who just posted an ad parting out what sounds like a very nice 1987 GT. Not sure why yet, but does anyone know if this type of coolant sensor was used on 1987's? I seem to be coming across conflicting information. To me it appears that 1990 was the first year for these, which is what mine is.

Similar question to the crash sensors. Were these basically the same through out the Foxbody era or did they change at some point? If he is parting out the car because it was crashed these may be of no use to me anyway, but just want to know in case there is some other reason.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Ok thanks. The guy replied back and said he isn't even sure if it even has the original coolant tank in it, but if he does I can have the sensor, assuming it is the right kind. Good to know about the air bags. I don't have much hope that I will find any that work, especially if they didn't even have them until 1990.