• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Coolant Temp Sensor Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter 93CalypsoConvert
  • Start date Start date Jan 6, 2021

93CalypsoConvert

Active Member
Nov 26, 2020
275
91
38
Virginia
Jan 6, 2021
#1
  • Jan 6, 2021
  • #1
Hello, I need helping finding a replacement coolant temp sensor for my 93 Fox. This car was originally a 4 cylinder, but was converted to a carbureted 302, so it will have to read properly and fit into the 302 intake. I want to make the original gauges work, so I don't want to run a mechanical gauge (yes yes, I know they are more reliable). The sending unit in the car is either the wrong one or faulty. I have already verified the gauge itself works by grounding the wire. I am under the impression that the original sender was a two-pin clip style, but mine currently looks like the picture I have provided below. Is there a difference between how the one and two-pin read? I have a single wire running from the appropriate gauge cluster harness pin to the sender. Can someone provide me with a link to a single-wire sender compatible with the car? Thanks.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,333
18,059
224
Massachusetts
Jan 6, 2021
#2
  • Jan 6, 2021
  • #2
The sensor you show is in fact what would be used in a 1993 Mustang equiped with a V8 engine. I do not know if it's the same in the 2.3L.
 

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
6,946
5,818
213
Jan 6, 2021
#3
  • Jan 6, 2021
  • #3
I believe they take the same sensor...the single post style.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Resolved Coolant temp gauge issue
  • csracing
  • Jun 14, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
246
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 24, 2025
csracing
C
G
1991 GT 5.0 running hot
  • gvanginkel403
  • Jul 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
240
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 2, 2026
General karthief
T
Electrical Brown Connector #31
  • ta66
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
162
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 30, 2026
ta66
T
Electrical Code 29 again
  • Creomod
  • Jul 31, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
280
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 3, 2026
Creomod
F
86 notch NEED HELP!!!!
  • foxbody86
  • Jul 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
130
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 9, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?