cop bumper on mustang

• Sponsors (?)

IIRC (my dad is a retired policeman and he drove a 5.0L Mustang as a patrol car for a while), they don't actually use the Mustangs to take the criminals away. They pretty much just use them to catch them and then they will hold them until their "back up" gets there. I will ask him today to make sure and post it up.

OK here's what my dad said: The Mustang that he drove was an unmarked undercover car, used for doing drug busts and stuff like that. It had all the radio stuff wired into the glove box (which doesn't make sense, fix glove boxes are damn tiny lol) and they had a light/siren that plugged into the cigarette lighter and was held onto the roof by a magnet. These undercover cars weren't usually used for transporting the bad guys, they would radio back up for that while they were undercover.

All of the marked Mustangs were used for highway patrol, and they had the full radio and gun mounted in them. They could transport criminals in them, but they had no plexiglass shield between the front and back seats. When I asked my dad how they kept them in like that, he said "you just handcuff em and seatbelt them real tight, and threaten the hell outta them." LOL! That's my dad alright. He also said that if you had to take a 350lb bad guy, you called for backup, cuz you'd need a prybar to get him into the backseat of a Mustang. :D

I've smashed my car into a building without busting anythign up (well toehre than the wall) but the pusher thingy could come in handy anyways. Maybe could use it to mount a mini snow plow so I don't get stuck doing stupid thing like trying to get through 8 inches of snow by getting a running start. How about some undercarriage armor plating like they use on bulldozers? My tranny x-member lost a battle with a tree stump.

you wouldnt beleive the things my car stang could do. it wasnt in the greatest of condition when i got it was past the point of no return (my opinion). I would push gates over on logging roads if i wanted to get somewhere. i crashed into 2 different 7' ditches got pulled out and kept goin. went through 2-3' puddles and played in mud and snow. pushed over mail boxes and all kinds of stupid things. my car could actually out 4x4 some of my friends trucks. i dont know why but it just wouldnt get stuck.

You know I had a Festiva like that. I considered fashioning a skidplate for it once but a tree fell on it one winter in Mi. That thing would not die, get stuck or run out of power. I use to take it on trails and off road it a lot. So I know where you are comming from with a car that wont die.

Ray III said:
I've smashed my car into a building without busting anythign up (well toehre than the wall) but the pusher thingy could come in handy anyways. Maybe could use it to mount a mini snow plow so I don't get stuck doing stupid thing like trying to get through 8 inches of snow by getting a running start. How about some undercarriage armor plating like they use on bulldozers? My tranny x-member lost a battle with a tree stump.

Your gonna need a ton off bricks in the backend just to give it traction LOL. Last winter i couldn't drive anywhere until I put 3 sandbags in the hatch.