Correcting K member wheel offset?

rdharper02

like kicking myself in the junk
10 Year Member
May 8, 2006
I have been swapping parts between my two cars and decided to switch the five lug components over to the white car. After putting the spindles on it, I have found that I have a tubular k-member with an inch forward wheel placement. The wheel placement causes the bullet whells and tires to rub the front bumper during turning. Is there anyone who has corrected this problem? QA1 seemed to think their a-arms (non-adjustable) would correct it, but I hate to order the parts and find out otherwise. Any help would be great. Right now I am about to just swap it back to 4 lug and stay with the Pony R's.

• Sponsors (?)

Maximum Motorsports sells reverse-offset A-arms to correct this, but I don't know whose K-members they interchange with. You can also put spreaders on the front fender aprons to build more clearance with the offset you currently have.

I have not been able to locate any company identification on the k-member and can't seem to verify it by picture. To further complicate things, it's black. The most popular color for k-members. I've verified that QA1 and Maximum Motorsports have an offset, but still dont know. I did look at the MM A-arms and may go with them.

It may be a grenatelli k-member... IIRC they don't label their products (at least they didn't a few years back). The grenatelli unit is likely modeled after the MM k-member... hope that helps

QA1 appears to label some of ther stuff as MM does. I am leaning toward the Granatelli piece. Sorry, no pics yet. It may not be an issue as I am letting the masses in "talk" decide if I go 5-lug or switch it back to 4. If I do go 5-lug all around, I will end up going with MM's offset arms. I do have to admit, that I will have to drink a couple of cold ones before ordering because theyre about $150 more than most standard tubulars.