could these be the right headers?

loudexhaust

May 13, 2006
I talked to some guy who is selling 5.0 shorties and he says they are Ford Motorsport steel headers. When I look online all i can find is stainless or ceramic shorty headers by ford, and he claims they are not stainless. So does ford make regular steel shorties? I'm thinking that maybe they are actually stainless, which should mean they fit p heads.

• Sponsors (?)

both the plain and ceramic are p shorties. they stopped making non p ones along time ago. There was a set of non P's on ebay a while ago with a part # but I don't remember it. He must be confused or he has some other headers for a 5.0 like some cast iron junkies for non H.O. motor ? other than that they are stainless like stated before both the stock and ford racing.

He said they had the ford motorsport tag on them. He also said he only had em for 2 months. I would go look at them but im not at home and need a friend to pick them up for me. They're $80 so it won't be a big loss if they end up not working I guess.

2213521290046158796S600x600Q85.jpg

Here they are. I compared them to the picture on summit and they look the same. They are rusty though... maybe just the tubes are stainless?

sweet! My friend picked them up for me for $70, part of the reason i was unsure they were p headers was because of the price, they are $240 on summit! So yeah, im stoked. Picked up my p heads for $70, these for $70, and when my local salvage yard gets more 5.0s in ill get an upper/lower intake for $32. I think im doing well so far!

Like I said, i'm doing a gt40 build up. But, I have no idea what kind of valve springs or lifters to get. I will be running an e303 cam too. Can somebody please point me in the right direction? I don't want anything fancy, just something that will work.

Since the factory lifters are rollers do you think that maybe they can be re-used or does that not even matter? I would just think that they wouldn't get worn out as much.

Also, I was hoping something like this would suffice: linky

Since the factory lifters are rollers do you think that maybe they can be re-used or does that not even matter? I would just think that they wouldn't get worn out as much.

Also, I was hoping something like this would suffice: linky

Some people re-use their old lifters. Although mine only had 80k miles on them I replaced them anyway since I had the engine torn down that far.

The lifters you linked to will not work. They are plain old lifters and you need roller lifters.