CPU question and Ford Techs out there?

royb

Apr 24, 2004
CPU question any Ford Techs out there?

can you take a CPU out of a 2005 GT Mustang and swap it with another and expect it to work correctly or is each CPU coded for the specfic car alarm, door locks, engine & trans?

I don't want to mail in my cpu to get flashed for a supercharger upgrade but take one out of a junked 05and get that one flashed and then put that in my ride.

• Sponsors (?)

royb said:
can you take a CPU out of a 2005 GT Mustang and swap it with another and expect it to work correctly or is each CPU coded for the specfic car alarm, door locks, engine & trans?

I don't want to mail in my cpu to get flashed for a supercharger upgrade but take one out of a junked 05and get that one flashed and then put that in my ride.

The CPU is "coded" by way of the flash.

Check out the DiabloSport Predator or the SCT II Excalibrator. They are used to re-flash the computer thru the OBD II port under the lower left side of the dash. Most of the newer supercharger manufactures are working with them to provide tunes for specific applications. See if the SC mfgr works with either of them to provide new tunes for your application. Better route.