Cracked Block Wtf?

ARZ 5.0

Apr 15, 2014
Conroe , TX
Alright y'all remember how excited I was to pick up the new stang. We'll looks like I'll be getting new block from LMResto. Putting on Edlebrock Performer heads from old motor and using old cam. Should I plan on any issues with doing this or should they mate right up? Any tuning issues?

• Sponsors (?)

Found out while changing water pump, previous owner rtv the :poo: out of it on corner where block and timing cover mate up. This is after I removed price of block and attempted to seal with no luck.
image.jpg

I think an LRS block is a big waste of money unless they're a lot cheaper than I think. Or do you mean shortblock? Then my statements pretty much the same. Not a knock against LRS's other products at all but c'mon, it's a 302. They're literally a dime a dozen in a junk yard or craigslist

I think an LRS block is a big waste of money unless they're a lot cheaper than I think. Or do you mean shortblock? Then my statements pretty much the same. Not a knock against LRS's other products at all but c'mon, it's a 302. They're literally a dime a dozen in a junk yard or craigslist

"IF" you have the time, space, and tools to rebuild the thing.

I haven't made the purchase yet was going to do it in the morning. 999.99 short block. I was going to get one from Mabbco motors in Tyler just to go cheap then I read all horror stories of dealing with them. As far as craigslist goes that's how I got into this mess. If you know of a trust worth place to buy from let me know.

What do you mean cast pistons did it in for you?
Just personally, I wouldn't spend half that much on a block with cast pistons. It's a recon ford block. No money there. And cast pistons severely limit the future use of the motor.
You could (if you have the tools and space) build twice the short block for half the money

It truly depends on your goals and wallet though