cranks but no start!

93PONY

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2002
pensylvania
well the other day it snowed really bad and since then my car wont start. it just cranks over and sputters realy bad but thats it. i changed the plugs about 2 weeks ago. i pulled them all today and the smelled of gas so im getting fuel, i replaced the coil packs, put gas in it, checked all vacume and electrical connections. it ran fine the night before. i started it the next morning and it idled really rough and as soon as i put it in drive it just died and it has not started since. the plgs were really black when i pulled them but it probally trying to start it so much. what else should i check!

• Sponsors (?)

Crank Position Sensor

If you are sure you have fuel and spark you need to check the crankshaft position sensor and/or your ignition control module. The feedback voltage to the computer should be greater than 8VDC if I am not mistaken. See the pictures below to help you locate and test the sensor.

Connector:

2455376_5_full.gif

2455376_6_full.gif

tried it, checks out fine. would the ignition control module cause this, or mabey even the iac? its been pinging under acceleration, but i figured it was because of the cold. it tries to start but just shutters and won't start. running out of ideas here.

found the problem. its the mass air sensor. i unpluged it and it started up but ran really rough. so i pluged it in and the car died. tried to start and got nothing. unpluged it again and started right up. i noticed the plastic has a crack in it so im assuming it got water in it and fried it.