Crashed my stang the first day I got it

Rasikajay

Nov 26, 2009
Herndon, VA
So I got the plates on my 2003 Mustang Gt Monday morning and wrecked it Monday night. I took a right turn and then I started over-steering and then my car was hydroplaning and hit a curb hard. It took me 3 years to get the money for that car. Well anyways I need to replace my rear end assembly, rear brakes, 2 rims and tires, surprisingly nothing happened to the body. My car was under my dad and he doesn't want me to tell the insurance company, so I'm gonna have to save up and get it fixed.

YouTube - Mustang Crash ............ Almost
This is basically what happened to me except I was hydroplaning and hit the curb

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry to hear, mustangs don't like damp roads an hate wet roads. I had a 87 aod with a shift kit an it'd kick sideways when turning thru a intersection on the 1st to 2nd shift on dry roads. Keep an eye on the classifieds for deals on what you need. You can prob get what you need for what the insurance deductible is. I have a lot of rear brake parts off an 02 if you want to PM me. Good luck fixing it.

That sucks man, 25mph around a turn on a damp road? Normally id probably chastise you but since you man'd up and asked us for help i respect that. Good luck getting it fixed, like everyone else said check your local craigslist and ebay for parts, you should be able to get it fixed for cheap if your smart about it and do your own work.

I am paying insurance, but its under my dad's name and he doesn't want me to report it. His agent said my payments would go up $100 if I did. My uncles friend said he can get a rear end assembly from the junk yard and get it installed for about $850. I also found two Bullitt style rims with tires for $175.

I'll try to get some pics, right now the right rear tire isn't even connected to the axle, the car is leaning on that tire for support.

I am paying insurance, but its under my dad's name and he doesn't want me to report it. His agent said my payments would go up $100 if I did. My uncles friend said he can get a rear end assembly from the junk yard and get it installed for about $850. I also found two Bullitt style rims with tires for $175.

I'll try to get some pics, right now the right rear tire isn't even connected to the axle, the car is leaning on that tire for support.

save yourself some money and do your own work.

Insurance companies are all crooks. They want to raise your premium 100 dollars a month for this? He'll, you could take a loan out to pay for this yourself and the note could be less than 100 per month. And it would eventualy get paid off but the insurance company would charge you that extra 100 for the rest of your life.

sorry to hear. this is what i did, i got an 88 gt for my first car @ 16.

i took it out into a big parking lot and i did donuts. i heard chit from EVERYONE except my cousin who also got an 89 gt at 16 and wrecked it on wet roads. i learned how to HANDLE the car in the event the ass end kicks out.

practice turning and letting it come out, turning out of donuts, ect. i think that drivers education should adapt something similar so people know how to handle cars better personally.

not everyone will drive a rwd car or ever have something kick out, but once you learn how to react to it you never forget. i drive my light ass notch in the rain with 295's and it kicks out ALOT. its just casual reactions now.

sorry to hear. this is what i did, i got an 88 gt for my first car @ 16.

i took it out into a big parking lot and i did donuts. i heard chit from EVERYONE except my cousin who also got an 89 gt at 16 and wrecked it on wet roads. i learned how to HANDLE the car in the event the ass end kicks out.

practice turning and letting it come out, turning out of donuts, ect. i think that drivers education should adapt something similar so people know how to handle cars better personally.

not everyone will drive a rwd car or ever have something kick out, but once you learn how to react to it you never forget. i drive my light ass notch in the rain with 295's and it kicks out ALOT. its just casual reactions now.

+1, mine kicks out all the time with my cheap sumitomos but i guess im used to it so i know how to react. But, even so, there's some situations even a good driver cant avoid...

true, not every situation is avoidable. i've probably avoided over 100 wrecks in my 6 years of driving now by knowing how to handle a car. most of them weren't even from me being stupid behind the wheel :D

Eh that's total bull****. If you keep your Mustang maintained properly and run sensible tires and drive a speed that is appropriate for road conditions you will NEVER have a ****ing problem.

dude your proving my point. you gotta respect the car an the conditions. if you drive it like a front wheel drive civic in the rain it can get away from you. wide sport tires hydroplane. the new high tech tires an changes in car engineering have made them far more predictable than the 87 notch i used to DD before I made the stang the toy. i was stopped in bumper to bumper traffic in an ice storm an my light weight notch slid off the road while sitting from the crown built into the road.

sorry to hear that man....

when i used to DD my car, i would slide it all over the place in the rain, never in traffic, and i was always responsible about it, but you deffently get the feel for it and i got realy good at sliding around corners with out spinning out or wrecking....

now i just do it in my tacoma..........