Crower cam stage 2, heavy valve springs intall, any body else have problems?

jrallen

Aug 18, 2006
I installed stage 2 crower cams and the heavy springs they suggest with titainium keepers. Under low load (30 on the dyno) with very slight throttle, the valves start missing on both banks and if i don't give it more throttle, it will cause camshaft sensors to miss and throw error codes all over the place. My dyno tuner (John from Horsepower Ranch.com) said that it is caused from to heavy of valve spring and at low oil pressure, some of the valves will not open. I agree he is correct. The car dynoed at 303 rwhp and when i don't let it get low oil pressure, it runs great. My question: has anyone else had this problem? I think I can use retainers that are higher, or possibly run heavier oil??? By the way this is an 06 mustang gt 4.6l 3v C & L cold air, Diablo preditor tune, 4:10 gears, aluminum driveline, manual trans.

• Sponsors (?)

THIS IS NOT GOOD!!! I have Crower cams stage 2's sch'd to go in next week. I have the springs and titanium retainers they suggested as well. Did you call Crower and talk to them about your issues? Does this cause any type of valve noise, like chatter that can be heard? Any damage caused?

What error codes (#'s) is the car throwing?

Does anyone know if you can use Comp beehive springs and steel retainers along with the Crower cams? If these springs/retainers are going to be an issue then I can get some Comp's before the install.