Crown Vic motors

Lee95cobra

Jul 5, 2006
Kentucky
Im not new to stangs but this is my first 4.6 car. I wanted something different. My freind has a towing service and has a 2002 cop car from my city that been hit in rear. Is this a PI motor? I noticed the intake and throttle body looked different.
When I got my car it came with PI heads and intake,cams. I traded them for wheels cause I didnt think I would ever swap. Now I think I want to. I dont plan on using any blowers. Nitrous on the weekends. I will be swapping cams. should i just cam my heads and P&P? Do the swap? And the crown vic motor? I can get the whole car for $450. Is it PI? What should I do? Thanks_Lee

• Sponsors (?)

Regardless of it being PI or not. I would buy the whole car if I were you. Thats one helluva deal and if it isnt PI you still have an extra motor and could actually sell of body parts to buy yourself the PI heads, cams and intake if that is the case.

I am 75% sure that it is PI too.

I would buy that in a heartbeat!! take the engine, part out the rest of the car and make alittle bit of a profit. It is a PI 4.6 "Police interceptor" alot of people think that the "police interceptor" engine is supped up but in actuality the only difference is the intake. I know a couple of people that have bought used crown vics and taken them waaay into the 200k miles range. Cops baby there cars, the departments maintain them religiously. If I had to chose between a used stang engine or a used police interceptor I would pick the interceptor. I doing a whole engine swap versus pulling apart both engines and swapping parts.

The engine in that car is gonna be the same one found in the 2002-2004 stangs. PI romeo block with the aluminum intake manifold crossover. Defiantly better than my 2000 windsor with the ****ty plastic crossover :(

I have a 2003 CV cop motor in my 99, cop totaled it with only 9K miles. I paid $1500 for it. Yes it is PI...
Keep the 200amp alternator from the CV
change out the following:
oil cooler
intake
injectors (connector is different to the 99)
fuel rail (supply line enters at a different point)
Water neck (different orientation)
use serpentine belt for CV
water temp sensor (different connector from 99)
Romeo 6 bolt flex plate (if your manual)
exhaust manifolds (different orientation)
if your are a 95 cobra,,, you might need the CV computer and all harnesses
This list is for a 99-04 swap,, you might be different,,, you might need a K-Member

I have a 96 GT. It only has 80,000 on it. I dont really want to take out that motor. Im looking for more power. At the moment im putting in a cobra t-45 and new clutch. I want a motor that will take spray. I know intakes are the weak point. Im not sure the milage on the Crown Vic. rather take heads off than putting a high milage motor in my car. So that is a good deal on the car?

id say buy it put the cams and intake on ur car u can pick up roughly 30-40 hp from those alone

+1
The PI engines are defiantly more spray friendly.
Lee95cobra-If you don't want to do a whole engine swap, then switching the heads is the next best thing. Just be careful though because the windsors and romeos are not 100% similar with every part. Check into some guides and see if there is anything extra you need.

You can swap the heads back and forth, so long as you have valve covers for the heads. The bolt patterns on Romeos differ than the ones on Windsors. Putting the PI heads on your NPI will give you a little bump in compression too. If you're taking the heads and valve covers from that Vic, make sure the oil filler neck doesn't interfere with anything.

Well how much HP gain will heads cams and intake give me? After that should I go up in size with the Throttle Body and a CAI? Would that let me get a little more out of the swap? I alredy have exhaust. Prochamber with flows.