Cub Cadet Series 2000 62" Deck

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
I have a Cub Cadet and recently the motor started making noise and spitting oil out over the lawn.

What I need to know is:

I'm ordering the new Shelby crate motor and fabbing up the mounts. Where can I get a set of headers to clear my large deck?

• Sponsors (?)

Does it look as good as the one I have now?

bling.jpg

Are you running carb or EFI? Remember the blades will be running counter-clockwise so you need a reverse-rotation deck belt or you will need to mow the lawn backwards.

Good call. Here's a thought though...

If I order the crate motor from Austrailia, will it spin in the correct direction for my reverse rotation mower deck?? :shrug:

No they change the cam's gear ratio and water jackets in consideration of the Coriolis force and the different Hemispheres. So unless you put in your order for an untouched engine, it will rotate the same as the north American version. You can modify it using a black 'n decker blender and some grinding stones but it's not recommended because it was said so on a message board.

No they change the cam's gear ratio and water jackets in consideration of the Coriolis force and the different Hemispheres. So unless you put in your order for an untouched engine, it will rotate the same as the north American version. You can modify it using a black 'n decker blender and some grinding stones but it's not recommended because it was said so on a message board.

Ah yes... I recall something about the TSB on that but thought it was only for ASSEMBLED cars. I should have thought that it applied to just the motors themselves. :O_o:

Perhaps just turning the whole motor upside down and swapping over to a dry sump. :)