Dad getting a 2008 Mustang GT on October...what mods should I make?

• Sponsors (?)

I agree with most the others. Save your money for your own car if your story is correct. Better to put money towards your own car rather into your dad's forcing you to start all over again for your own car in a year or so.

Only one problem - if I get accepted into my dream school (NYU), I won't get a car until I graduate college. There's no point in owning a car in Manhattan, but I'll be staying home for my college freshman year.

Hehe, then lower it, put a CAI and tuner on it, then just search the forums and put exhaust on it to make it sound the way you want, and then change the appearence however you want. The last two things are more of a personal preference thing though so you will have to decide if you want louvers, wheels, window tint, badges, grills, spoilers, etc...

Only one problem - if I get accepted into my dream school (NYU), I won't get a car until I graduate college. There's no point in owning a car in Manhattan, but I'll be staying home for my college freshman year.

Whether you realize it or not, this is a blessing in disguise. Because you won't need a car (wait till you realize how awesome this is... walking to bars... stumbling home from bars... stumbling home with chicks, no DUIs etc...) Once you DO graduate, you'll get a job and have saved any money that would have gone to mods on your dad's car, a beater, or insurance/gas and you will take out a low interest loan and purchase whatever the hell you want.

I spent 4 years at Penn (West Philadelphia) and did not have a car for my first two years. I brought my old SHO down senior year because I had a rare parking spot. I used the car only to pick up kegs and it was more of a burden than anything because I was the only housemate with a car. Guess who's on keg duty every weekend? I just graduated and May and bought my '07 GT.

Save the money. Do not mod your dad's car. First, the car will be plenty of fun stock. To spend your only $2500 on mods to gain maybe 50hp on an already fast car is absurd. To top it all off, you'll end up with zero on your investment once you go to school and/or get your own car. Above all else, if your parents are so strict that they won't allow you to purchase your own car... why hook your dad up with free mods?!

Then what's the problem. If you don't need a car until you're done school, why sweat the small stuff now? And what is this "I won't get a car" stuff? You mean you won't have a car bought for you, or you will be the one to "choose" not to get it until school is over?

Either way....you know damn well mom and pop aren't going to let you take it to NYU with you, so again I ask. Why waste your own money putting mods on a car you won't be able to freely drive?